Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

AMSOIL Products for the 2011-2015, 2016 Limited Gen1 Cruze

77K views 109 replies 36 participants last post by  XtremeRevolution 
#1 · (Edited)
Engine Oil (1.4L, 1.8L):
AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 (15,000 miles or 1 year)
AMSOIL XL 5W-30

Engine Oil Filter (1.4L, 1.8L)
Wix 57674

Engine Oil (Diesel):
AMSOIL 5W-30 I-ESP Euro Oil (Now Dexos2 Complaint!)

Automatic Transmission Fluid (All Cruzes including Diesel)
AMSOIL Signature Series Fuel-Efficient ATF

Manual Transmission Fluid
*AMSOIL Synchromesh (OE Replacement)
*AMSOIL 75W-90 GL-4 (Performance Fluid)

Fuel Additives (Gasoline)
AMSOIL P.I. Performance Improver (Top end cleaner - Injector, intake, valve, combustion chamber)

Fuel Additives (Diesel)
AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean
AMSOIL Diesel Cold Flow
AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean + Cold Flow
AMSOIL Diesel Cetane Boost

Miscellaneous
AMSOIL Coolant Boost
AMSOIL Low Toxicity Propylene Glycol Antifreeze
AMSOIL DOT3 Performance Brake and Clutch Fluid
AMSOIL DOT4 Racing Brake and Clutch Fluid
AMSOIL HD MP (Seasonal under-body rust protection)

Wholesale Account Registrations (~25% off)
Become a Preferred Customer (Buy at wholesale)
Become a Dealer (Buy and sell at wholesale, start a home business)

* Disclaimer: The products marked with an asterisk (*) aren't officially recommended by AMSOIL's technical team due to variations in specification (and the constantly changing OE specifications in the case of manual transmission fluid). Use at your own discretion, as I cannot be held liable for any side effects or problems. These products are offered as an option based on the success others have had with them.

See less See more
#3 ·
I sent you a PM, but for anyone else, I can get you Amsoil OE shipped to your door for about the same price (give or take a buck or two) as you would find a full synthetic retail at an auto store (not on sale). Consider that AMSOIL tests a whole lot better than Mobil 1.

AMSOIL XL is not a direct comparison as it is a higher additive oil for extended drain intervals. I could get it shipped to your door for around the same price as Mobil Extended Performance oil. This includes tax and shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 · (Edited)
Agreed.

Everywhere I've read shows that Amsoil runs cooler and smoother than Mobil 1 full syn. People who report valvetrain chatter in cold mornings that switch to Amsoil report that the noises are gone. Not all oils act the same regardless of weight ratings and Amsoil is at the top of those tests. A very revealing test of oils is their cold performance, an area where AMSOIL excels.

I hate to sound like a total AMSOIL fanboy nut. I'm not praising their products because I'm a dealer for them; rather I chose to be a dealer for them because their products are worthy of praise. They really are the best on the market and it doesn't take much research to confirm that.

#7 ·
I've been running Mobil one the entire life of the car. Could anything happen since there's more additives.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

#9 ·
Well ivr always been told high temps will do harm to engines over time, I see over 100° temps mos of the summer.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

#10 ·
All the more reason to choose the best oil money can buy. That turbo will reach some pretty high levels at high loads. With the kind of auto-x you do and the kinds of loads you subject that turbo to, I would be running AMSOIL Signature with an 8k change interval. It really doesn't take a lot of time for that turbo to get really hot.

The engine, I'm not as concerned about. That's what the radiator is for. The turbo however heats up way too quickly for the oil and coolant flowing through it to keep up.

#12 · (Edited)
way to go xtreme!! I use to be a dealer of Amsoil but just plain don't have time to do it anymore. Amsoil is really the best and my cruze isn't tuned and I use the 5w-30 SS oil.

I am planning on using their antifreeze when it comes time too. Not sure about the ATF. I am leaning towards Amsoil but I don't do it myself so I am not sure how that will work out with the dealer and how they change the fluid.

I also use their PI additive a tank or two before I get the oil changed.

#14 ·
Hello Cruzers!

Just wanted to let you all know that October is breast cancer awareness month!

To honor that cause and help make a difference for those inflicted with breast cancer and also those who may have it in the future, I will be making a donation of 25% of my retail profits from Amsoil sales placed in the month of October to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

If you want to be part of this cause, be sure to get your order placed this month!

#15 ·
Bought some Trans Fluid for the Cruze yesterday
and some engine oil for the Gfs cough cough... Elantra lol
Amsoil aslo makes a oil filter for her car thats good up to 15k. Thats pretty !

Ill be getting some engine oil for the cruze in a month or 2. Ive only got 2k on the oil thats in it now.

#17 ·
I know someone asked this question earlier but it may have been moved with the other questions.

For anyone interested in placing an order from Canada, Amsoil has two distribution centers across Canada with pretty good freight costs. Let me know if you need some oil or transmission fluid and I can get you a detailed quote.

#19 ·
I can only quote based on specific address. I noticed Amsoil is a tad more expensive in Canada so it depends. For example, the Synchromesh is $2 per quart more in Canada. Freight appears to be cheaper though, but it depends on the specific location.

Sent from mobile.

#20 ·
Xtreme asked me for my opinion once I got my Syncromesh put in, and share my thoughts.

As, I'm not a hands on person with my car, I had a local shop put it in, along with an oil change. Again, with Quakerstate UD 5w-30 Full Sync. Along with a Purlator Classic oil filter.
This was done on Sat. and, I really didn't take the car out for any trips or anything over the weekend.
Today (Monday), While driving to work, I noticed it was still shifting like the old fluid.. Nothing changed... I then stopped and filled up with 93 oct. gas for my day of driving. Pulled out, and drove next door to MickyDs for lunch. (50 cent burgers).
After that, I drove to my first stop of the day.. Still nothing felt different. Once I finally got on the hwy, and was able to get up to speed for a bit, I noticed something odd. I really couldn't hear, or feel anything from the engine anymore. However, it was
on, and running, RPM was correct, it was just very quite. Came off the hwy, and stopped at a stop light. Putting it in 1st at the light, I noticed it just slid in place.. Once I got moving, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. all move so smooth. 5th, 6th, again, smooth as
could be. While again, in 6th, I could not hear much of anything. So far, I've been very impressed with Syncromesh.
But, I think it needs at least 50-75 miles of use, before you'll notice an improvement.

The next thing I noticed, at the end of the day. Well, lets let the picture talk...
Gauge Car Vehicle Speedometer Auto part

That my friends, is the highest MPG I have EVER seen, and as you can see by the bottom number, I was lead footing it, the entire day. What more needs to be said?

#106 ·
Xtreme asked me for my opinion once I got my Syncromesh put in, and share my thoughts.

As, I'm not a hands on person with my car, I had a local shop put it in, along with an oil change. Again, with Quakerstate UD 5w-30 Full Sync. Along with a Purlator Classic oil filter.
This was done on Sat. and, I really didn't take the car out for any trips or anything over the weekend.
Today (Monday), While driving to work, I noticed it was still shifting like the old fluid.. Nothing changed... I then stopped and filled up with 93 oct. gas for my day of driving. Pulled out, and drove next door to MickyDs for lunch. (50 cent burgers).
After that, I drove to my first stop of the day.. Still nothing felt different. Once I finally got on the hwy, and was able to get up to speed for a bit, I noticed something odd. I really couldn't hear, or feel anything from the engine anymore. However, it was
on, and running, RPM was correct, it was just very quite. Came off the hwy, and stopped at a stop light. Putting it in 1st at the light, I noticed it just slid in place.. Once I got moving, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. all move so smooth. 5th, 6th, again, smooth as
could be. While again, in 6th, I could not hear much of anything. So far, I've been very impressed with Syncromesh.
But, I think it needs at least 50-75 miles of use, before you'll notice an improvement.

The next thing I noticed, at the end of the day. Well, lets let the picture talk...
View attachment 41057

That my friends, is the highest MPG I have EVER seen, and as you can see by the bottom number, I was lead footing it, the entire day. What more needs to be said?
what is syncromesh?

#21 ·
Awesome! Sounds like your fluid really was pretty bad. I will agree that it takes a while for it to work its way into the transmission. It did take me a few drives for the difference to really appear, but once it did, boy did that shifting smooth up. Sounds like the old fluid was causing quite a bit of friction, which was relieved with the Synchromesh. Very glad to hear your results!

#24 ·
Thanks everyone who placed Amsoil orders for the month of October. As promised, 25% of retail profits were donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which came out to $24.68.

For the month of November, I will be donating 20% of retail profits to the Lung Cancer Foundation of America, in honor of my father in law who passed away last year in November from lung cancer.

If you need some Amsoil, let me know!

#27 ·
Thanks to everyone who placed orders during the month of November. 20% of retail profits this month were donated to the Lung Cancer foundation of America in honor of Al Vaznelis.

For the month of December, 20% of retail profits will be donated to our local TLC Animal Shelter, where our family adopted most of our pets.

Welcome

#28 ·
OK Andrei, time to pull the trigger. A local Amsoil guy isn't interested in my business...

How much for 3qts of the Synchromesh and also the brake fluid shipped to 13669? I'll need enough brake fluid to do a full bleed.

I'm also in need of tranny and diff fluid for my '02 Vette, I'll probably swap that out in the spring. I haven't researched which fluids that car needs yet, but I would assume that the total for both cars would be enough to get me past the VIP level? Does it all have to be purchased in the same calendar year?

I'll look into the Vette fluids and get back to you, but for now pricing on the Cruze stuff would be good.

#30 ·
I had two people recently fully swap out the stock fluid for Amsoil Fuel Efficient Signature Series ATF, and I wanted to post their results. They bought 12 quarts of fluid (one case), and had a dealer or transmission shop perform the fluid change. Here's what they had to say, which they reported on two different Facebook groups:

This was John, from Oregon:
Update, Just switched over to Amsoil in the trans and the motor. Holy cow what a difference in shifting and motor smoothness thanks again for all the info you gave me... ...the dealer did not do it. I went to a local oil changing place because I didn't trust the dealer for one and for two I wanted to watch it being done to make sure they would use what I brought. Of course the oil place pointed out to me that I was suppose to change out my cabin filter on my car at 15k, which the dealer never told me about, and boy it was dirty. LOL. Anyways they did the job a whole lot better I feel and cheaper than the dealer as well. I only have 26k on my cruze but glad I did the change . The techs showed me the tranny oil before the change, and boy it was garbage. I highly recommend to change over trans fluid to Amsoil by 25k for peace of mind. Also it smoothed out the shifting issues as well.
This was Joe, from Virginia:
Just got my 20k mile transmission fluid flush the other day. I replaced the GM fluid with Amsoil transmission fluid and the difference is truly night and day, power increase, shifting smoothness and cold weather shifting etc. it's a 100% improvement across the board, if you aren't running Amsoil in your transmission, you should be in my opinion.
If anyone needs a new transmission fluid, just remember that you need a fluid that matches the lower viscosity of the stock fluid. A standard ATF will not work in this application. Amsoil makes a fuel efficient ATF that is specifically recommended for the Cruze and warranted at 2x the severe service interval. In other words, you can go 90k miles on this fluid and have peace of mind knowing that Amsoil will cover the transmission from any fluid-related failures under severe service conditions.

One thing to keep in mind: this is contingent on you taking the fluid to a shop to perform a complete fluid change, not just a drain and re-fill. A drain will only remove 4.5 quarts of fluid. You need one case (12 quarts) of fluid to perform this swap as the transmission holds a total of 9 quarts and a bit of fluid is wasted during the flush. Any good transmission shop can do this work for you so you don't get a nosy dealer involved if you are at all concerned with that.

Here is the fluid you need: Amsoil Signature Series Fuel Efficient Transmission Fluid

You can order direct from Amsoil, or you can contact me for a discount.

#31 ·
Very nice!

I've also been looking into a fluid swap for our '11 BMW. The transmission (6 spd auto) is the one major disappointment in that car... it shifts very abruptly and revs too high when cold. 1st gear is very short and it seems they never got the calibration right, it always works better when manually started in 2nd gear. I've found a few reports of people who have strayed from BMW's "lifetime transmission fluid" and have been pleased with the results. Their comments echo those above.

Looking forward to swapping out my Eco's MT fluid also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.