Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by oMAHONEYo View Post
    Hopefully it's just the laptop (even though bootcamp should be the same as a PC, it apparently is not).

I've eliminated that it's my OBDII port at least (I have the window fob controller), and that still worked when I plugged it back in. So I know the OBDII port and the connection is fine. It's just a matter of the laptop and the cable working. I still think the cable is fine, but we shall see when it gets in the actual PC laptop.

I tried the force full flash and it just gave me the same connection error and then closed.

But yeah, I really hope I don't have to take it in to the dealer! I mean my dealership is cool...but I've also never screwed up the car myself haha.
    Process of elimination. If this laptop doesn't work, it's the cable.
    No more Cruze Now driving a 2014 Genesis Coup 3.8 R-Spec.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    Process of elimination. If this laptop doesn't work, it's the cable.
    So I just googled Trifecta W38 and saw that it's hapenned to a few people in the last year. So far the two cars I've read were a Cadillac CTS and a sonic.

What the owner of the sonic posted is exactly what I'm going through, so HOPEFULLY it's an EZFlash issue and not a cable issue.

W38 error after Trifecta tune - Chevy Sonic Owners Forum
    2013 Cruze 2LT w/ RS Package
    2012 Cruze LS (oCRUZEo) -
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Follow me on twitter! @iamjoshmahoney

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by oMAHONEYo View Post
    So I just googled Trifecta W38 and saw that it's hapenned to a few people in the last year. So far the two cars I've read were a Cadillac CTS and a sonic.

What the owner of the sonic posted is exactly what I'm going through, so HOPEFULLY it's an EZFlash issue and not a cable issue.

W38 error after Trifecta tune - Chevy Sonic Owners Forum
    Here, try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqffrpuzrlor7ug/EZFlash.exe it's version I use. 1.5.30.0

Make sure you're running the app in admin mode too. Right click the file and select 'Run as admin'.
    Last edited by titan2782; 12-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Titan. I'll give that one a try. I've tried my macbook in bootcamp, my friends Lenovo laptop running Windows 7, and that didn't work either.

Trifecta W38 Error

He had the same issue as well. His was the EZFlash, and the Sonic's ended up being the laptop... so we shall see.
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Okay. Further update:

Cruzester tried to help me out but so far no luck, so he put me in touch with dsj on the phone about what we could try. He's the closest dealer to me - helps he has a cruze too!

Got a dell laptop to borrow. Freshly cleaned off, Windows 7 Professional etc.

Steps:

1) Downloaded Drivers, tune & EZFlash (Vince just update EZFlash to try and fix it but to no avail)
    2) Installed Drivers as administrator
    3) Opened EZFlash as administrator
    4) Started to 'program' (by choosing the file)
    5) Plugged in the USB and waited a few minutes after the 'ding' for the driver to install
    6) Hit 'OK' after the driver was installed and the cable LED went from *RED* (While installing) to *GREEN* (After install)
    7) Clicked 'Stock Engine Tune'
    8) Was thoroughly denied by my car, creating a frustration and sadness that can only be described as separation anxiety.

I'm still receiving the 'not found' error. I'm going to try rebooting after I eat/try different usb ports/kick my car/etc etc.
    Last edited by oMAHONEYo; 12-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

This is a complete bummer Mahoney. I really hope you can get this figured out.

Have you tried disconnecting your battery for an hour? Not sure if it's been previous mentioned, but certainly worth a shot. Give the ECM a chance to reset itself.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Autocross Champion
    Did you try the EZ flash version I linked to? Did you send your tpl logs to Vince?

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    Did you try the EZ flash version I linked to? Did you send your tpl logs to Vince?
    Yeah, tried both. It just looks like this car is SOL. Vince looked at them and said its a total fluke and this has only happened once before, but never to a cruze. Basically it's either I overnight it to Vince to fix (too late today) or I head into the dealer tomorrow to at least have the car drive able again.

Thanks so much for all the help though. If it had of been any other car I'm sure it would have been nailed on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    This is a complete bummer Mahoney. I really hope you can get this figured out.

Have you tried disconnecting your battery for an hour? Not sure if it's been previous mentioned, but certainly worth a shot. Give the ECM a chance to reset itself.
    Yeah, I left it from 8-10:30 this morning. Even powercycled it to try and force it to get going.

Basically what's happened is the ECM erased, and when trying to fill it back up, it just said 'no' and quit talking as Jerry put it.

An erased ECM is an unhappy ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Banned
    So I'm out for getting the tune lol

I hope it works out bro!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Hmm... I hope there's not some sort of 'lockout' in the ECM if failed alterations become 'detectable'...

Mahoney, is your dealer cool about modifications? If you think they'll be cool, maybe try explaining to them what happened and maybe they can just help you out with a new ECM.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast