Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install

16K views 64 replies 14 participants last post by  oMAHONEYo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I've submitted a ticket but until I get a response I thought I'd ask around.

My car was 95% of the way through installing trifecta and all of a sudden it came up saying there was an error loading the flash and to try again in low speed mode. I have tried since then but no luck. My car will no longer start, and no matter what I have tried I keep getting a 'cannot connect to car' even though it is in fact in the on position.

So currently, I cannot connect to the car, in on it says to service traction control, and the starter won't well... Start.

Halp plz.

EDIT: I've included screenshots of the error message for reference. Text Font Screenshot Games Computer icon

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

See less See more
#42 ·
This was a one time fluke error, we've never had this before on a 1.8. I'm not sure if it was due to using parallels or just a pissed off ECM or what. But at any rate, what happened was the ECM said it was erased and ready to accept our data so we started sending it, then it just died on us and stopped responding. Not sure why. We think it may have falsely reported that it was done erasing so we sent the new blocks before it was ready and it erased the boot loader. Just in case, we've increased the wait time in ezflash that it waits before sending new blocks. But no one else should have this issue- it's an isolated incident to just this car so far.

#43 ·
I was about to say something similar. If anyone is concerned about Trifecta - dont be. I just have had bad luck with my Cruze from the get go, but the amount of highly satisfied users here should help. I was concerned before getting it, but there's a pretty high satisfaction rate.

As Jerry said, it was a fluke. Yeah, it sucks, but do I want to try this again? You bet.

Anyone who works in IT knows that sometimes something that has been working forever sometimes just...doesn't.

And I haven't stated this but Jerry has been communicating everything Vince and Him have discussed along the way. They've been VERY helpful through it, and as much as it sucks, I'm still a satisfied customer. I consider myself fairly cynical, so I think that says something.

Anyway, if you're on the border - do it!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#46 ·
titan - you have a future in political advertising ;)

#48 ·
So whatever happened totally left the computer unconnectable to.

So the reason's why I couldn't connect to the car were not due to laptop/cable - their technicians couldn't connect either.

Anyway, on the bright side, it's being replaced right now, and in the meantime I have an Impala. Won't have the cruze back until Monday/Tuesday.

#53 ·
Having been through the code for ez flash, I can tell you it isn't processing anything. It's just communicating with the PCM. The cable communication is why it lags in additiona to their thread management techniques.

Disclaimer: I am only looking at a decompiled version which may not accurately represent the original code base, but a version in which the interpreter thinks is accurate based on the generated IL code.

#60 ·
Alright! So the Cruze is back and in working order. They replaced the ECM as they were 'unable to connect to it', whether that means it was bricked or shorted - it has since been replaced. The dealership also replaced the coolant hose, and did some more sealing and now my coolant smell has disappeared (hopefully when I get in the car tomorrow it stays the same - it's usually only noticeable when it sits in the garage overnight). I want to try giving the tune another go, but I'm concerned if it will kill my car again.

I can't really be without the car for a week again until at least after Christmas. Hmm.

#63 ·
Glad to hear your Cruze is back up and running man.

I'd give the tune another shot, you just had a bad ECM. It happens. Highly doubtful it will do that to you again.

Regardless, post your results!

#62 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.