Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install

Car Died in the Middle of Trifecta Install

Hey all,

I've submitted a ticket but until I get a response I thought I'd ask around.

My car was 95% of the way through installing trifecta and all of a sudden it came up saying there was an error loading the flash and to try again in low speed mode. I have tried since then but no luck. My car will no longer start, and no matter what I have tried I keep getting a 'cannot connect to car' even though it is in fact in the on position.

So currently, I cannot connect to the car, in on it says to service traction control, and the starter won't well... Start.

Halp plz.

EDIT: I've included screenshots of the error message for reference.Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 12.17.21 PM.png

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Last edited by oMAHONEYo; 12-10-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    2013 Cruze 2LT w/ RS Package
    2012 Cruze LS (oCRUZEo) -
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Follow me on twitter! @iamjoshmahoney

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Autocross Champion
    This is no problem. Here is what you do, reflash the stock tune. In the menu there is an option for low speed. Enable low speed then reflash stock tune. This will take about 20 minutes.

Make sure it all works and then try to flash the perf tune again.

Make sure you have the key turned only one click. If your gauges are turned on then you've turned it too far and will receive error messages on the DIC.
    Last edited by titan2782; 12-10-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Autocross Champion
    If the car "won't connect" then turn the car off. Unplug your cable from the laptop and close EZ Flash. Make sure you have latest version of EZ Flash. Connect the cable to the OBD2 port and then turn your ignotion key one click.

Reset your laptop. When windows comes back, insert the cable into a DIFFERENT usb port and wait for the sound to indicate it was connected. It may need to install drivers again so just give it a second. Then start EZFlash. Go into the menus and use the Code Scanner so check for codes. This is only to make sure you have a connection.

Once you do, follow my previous instructions on the flash.

Make sure you turn off A/C, Fans, Stero, etc in the car. Make sure doors are closed.
    Last edited by titan2782; 12-10-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Autocross Champion
    And if that doesn't work, do a force full flash on the stock tune and you should be ok. I only recommend you don't do this first because I have no done it and NO ONE has yet to tell me what it actually does. My concern is the flash count.

Just don't let the laptop go to sleep. Move the mouse every 1 minute or so. Make sure it's plugged in too. I let my laptop turn the screen off and it killed my car. So scary when it happens the first time!
    Last edited by titan2782; 12-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Thank you so much, Titan! Unfortunately I had to go in to work, and no one could cover (sucks being a supervisor sometime), but when I get home tonight I'm definitely going to start and give it a retry - and I'm hoping you nailed it on the head.

I really appreciate the quick response! A terrifying experience for sure.

Fingers are crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    This is no problem. Here is what you do, reflash the stock tune. In the menu there is an option for low speed. Enable low speed then reflash stock tune. This will take about 20 minutes.

Make sure it all works and then try to flash the perf tune again.

Make sure you have the key turned only one click. If your gauges are turned on then you've turned it too far and will receive error messages on the DIC.
    If the car "won't connect" then turn the car off. Unplug your cable from the laptop and close EZ Flash. Make sure you have latest version of EZ Flash. Connect the cable to the OBD2 port and then turn your ignotion key one click.

Reset your laptop. When windows comes back, insert the cable into a DIFFERENT usb port and wait for the sound to indicate it was connected. It may need to install drivers again so just give it a second. Then start EZFlash. Go into the menus and use the Code Scanner so check for codes. This is only to make sure you have a connection.

Once you do, follow my previous instructions on the flash.

Make sure you turn off A/C, Fans, Stero, etc in the car. Make sure doors are closed.
    And if that doesn't work, do a force full flash on the stock tune and you should be ok. I only recommend you don't do this first because I have no done it and NO ONE has yet to tell me what it actually does. My concern is the flash count.

Just don't let the laptop go to sleep. Move the mouse every 1 minute or so. Make sure it's plugged in too. I let my laptop turn the screen off and it killed my car. So scary when it happens the first time!

Very well put Titan. Excellent advice.
    spacedout and smoove87 like this.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

What i always do to make sure i have connection, run the code scanner that will tell you if your connected. I had the similar experience waited till tune said installed but the car wouldnt turn on haha

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    What i always do to make sure i have connection, run the code scanner that will tell you if your connected. I had the similar experience waited till tune said installed but the car wouldnt turn on haha

I'm really glad I'm not the only person who this has happened too. Luckily I was able to get tomorrow evening off from work so now I can spend some time trying to get it straightened out! Again, thanks Titan, not only were you quick to respond, but it was quite a detailed response at that.
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by oMAHONEYo View Post
    I'm really glad I'm not the only person who this has happened too. Luckily I was able to get tomorrow evening off from work so now I can spend some time trying to get it straightened out! Again, thanks Titan, not only were you quick to respond, but it was quite a detailed response at that.
    My laptop turned off during a tune so I already know how to fix it Let us know what happens.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by oMAHONEYo View Post
    Once your connected it takes 30 mins to retune...why take the evening off because tuned haha have fun with the tune low end power will be there now

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast