6 speed manual in winter
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: 6 speed manual in winter

Learning about my Cruze JediSamReye's Avatar

6 speed manual in winter

So since the weather in my city has been lower ~15 F my manual has been "different" Not like its failing, just the shifter isn't sliding into the spot as well as it normally does. I'm guessing this is because of the temp and when things warm up it will go back to the way it was. Does anyone else have a similar thing going on with their manual? I have not even broke 4,000 miles yet on it, should i be concerned?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Duke of Oil
    Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    No reason for concern. This is normal behavior for manuals. The fluid is thicker when it's cold.

If you want to smooth out your shifts a bit, you should consider changing out the fluid with Amsoil SynchroMesh. Several of us have had very good experiences with it and it really smoothed out notchy shifting.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

As XR said, welcome to manual transmissions in the winter.

Mike

Learning about my Cruze JediSamReye's Avatar
    I have had 3 manuals before in winter, the first was a dodge daytona that i bought for $220 total so that wasnt the best example of performance, another was a fiero and that was the same. The last and actual good car was my WRX and that shifted fine but i was running synthetic in everything. Thanks so much guys! Now I can stop worrying and get back to enjoying my car!

Learning about my Cruze
    Yup, normal behavior. Shifts will be a little slower and the transmission may feel a bit more notchy when it slides into gear. I have an '87 Conquest that will nearly double the shift time when the transmission is below freezing. However, once everything warms up it goes back to normal.
    2011 Cruze ECO 6mt

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements