short Shifter poll - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

View Poll Results: what Transmission do you have and Are you interested in a short shifter

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have an Automatic Transmission

14 16.67%
  • I have a Manual Transmission and I AM NOT interested in a installing a short shifter

8 9.52%
  • I have a Manual Transmission and I AM interested in a installing a short shifter

62 73.81%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: short Shifter poll

Yes very true. Keep us posted.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion
    I'm ordering it tonight I'm going to try and get it 2 day shipped so I can try and get them on Saturday if I get them.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

World Rally Champion
    Well they wont cut me a deal on shipping so it seems ill be second to get them.

GO FOR GOLD

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Autocross Champion
    It doesn't matter if they fit or not because if they dont we can take measurements and they will MAKE them and send them out so either way we get them it's just a matter of time.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    David from DDMWorks got back to me and said that he did some looking into it and from what he's seen they should fit. He said that he wasn't able to confirm with part #'s or drawings (still waiting) so he is only 99% sure. So if you do order them, don't be mad if they don't fit. You can always send them back.

I figure for $25, I'm going to order them and try them out.

I asked him if they don't fit, if I could do some measurements and collect some data and have them make a set for the Cruze. He said yes. So, shifter bushing here we come!

These vendors [Forge, DDMWorks] are really nice to talk to. DDMWorks are giving the 1.4 a lot of love. Plenty of stuff in the pipeline coming from them [for the Sonic] so maybe we'll get some love too.
    Where the bushings go btw ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Last edited by Greasemonkey2012; 01-16-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    2012 Chevy Cruze LT 6 speed MT RS Package

Current Mods:
    K&N Intake Trifecta Tune 91 octane tune 22 psi, Forge Motorsport Atmospheric Bypass Valve , Ksports Kontrol Pro Coilovers, VG Shark Fin, Lumens 8000k HIDS, Yellow fogs

Twitter: @MartinCote2012

Autocross Champion
    Under the shifter boot. I'll take pics when I put them in.
    Back to stock. Bored.

Learning about my Cruze speedy862004's Avatar
    I'm not entirely sure what a short shifter is, but if I had to guess it means shortening the distance between gears. I'm going to have to go with no on this one.

1. This isn't a real sports car. (I do however want a performance clutch for those times you need to hammer it, that second gear grinding sucks.)
    2. It's not really that far of a shift. Considering I've driven my friends F 150 with a manual transmission, our gearbox is really close and tight in comparison. So to y'all I could see maybe a want for a short shifter...
    but in short I'm voting no on this one. I don't know how much it'd cost but I'd rather spend the money on other mod's.

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy862004 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what a short shifter is
    I recommend watching this before making any judgement calls. In this vid the stock throw is 7mm and they take it to 4mm which = HUGE HUGE difference.

Calintz and giantsnation like this.
    Back to stock. Bored.

World Rally Champion
    Good video really helpful.

GO FOR GOLD

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:

i watch thier channel alot, they have alot of good videos on there about simple mods, lowering springs, front monted intercoolers tuning...etc.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast