air filter
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: air filter

air filter

I'm at about 21k miles, thinking I should change the engine air filter. Just wondering what iis the best option, also, if a better filter can improve mpg, I'm open to it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Autocross Champion
    A new paper filter will be just fine. You can get a K&N since thats the only kind we can get ATM, but you will want to clean your MAF every now and then. If you have a 1.8 then I say get an AEM dry filter since it's available (just not for the 1.4 yet).

A new filter (any kind) will def improve MPG if your current filter is badly clogged.
    No more Cruze Now driving a 2014 Genesis Coup 3.8 R-Spec.

4th Gear
    20k miles is a bit soon to replace a filter. to save money consider removing both filters and cleaning them at 10k intervals. I replaced both the engine and cabin air filters at 40k and 80k. I have no opinion about which filter to use other then oem.
    Last edited by CruzeEcoBlueTopaz; 01-21-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Sounds good, in that case I don't need a suggestion, I'll wait. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    A new paper filter will be just fine. You can get a K&N since thats the only kind we can get ATM, but you will want to clean your MAF every now and then. If you have a 1.8 then I say get an AEM dry filter since it's available (just not for the 1.4 yet).

A new filter (any kind) will def improve MPG if your current filter is badly clogged.
    So since it's too early to change the air filter, how do I clean the MAF? Also, I'm not sure how to change the cabin filter when it's time.

World Rally Champion
    Buy this and read directions verty carefully

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Retired Moderator

Wait until about 40k miles to change the filters. Mine looked okay at 40k miles. It likely could have gone another 10k miles easily.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

World Rally Champion
    Does anyone even read the manufacture recommended maintenance schedule in the back of the owners manual anymore?

The stock air filter is actually pretty large for this size engine & good for 40,000 or 45,000miles(I can't remember the exact number).
    obermd likes this.

Lifetime: 10.5 cents per mile @ $3.72 average price over 57K miles

Autocross Champion
    Had to change mine at 20k and again right before 40k. Just as I forget that some of you guys live in uber cold environments, you forget that some people live in areas (like the desert, LA) that have more crap in the air. The filter looked like it could go for a while longer, but i noticed a big improvement when I put the new one (stock paper) in at 20k.
    No more Cruze Now driving a 2014 Genesis Coup 3.8 R-Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    Had to change mine at 20k and again right before 40k. Just as I forget that some of you guys live in uber cold environments, you forget that some people live in areas (like the desert, LA) that have more crap in the air. The filter looked like it could go for a while longer, but i noticed a big improvement when I put the new one (stock paper) in at 20k.
    I live in Texas, lots of pollen and hot air.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast