Cruze towing - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cruze towing

Will a hitch work with the RS package? I'm not sure if there is any difference with the size of the rear fascia.
    2011 Cruze LTZ RS Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat. Picked up 1/28/2011. All options except nav.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblacklt1z71 View Post
    this is why they make trucks and suvs.....even a crossover like the traverse wouldn't be bad to tow with and would still get good mpg.....but to put a hitch on a car?!?!......my head hurts now just thinking about it.....i got to go drink a beer
    Hmm..

I think this is a bit over the top...

But what's wrong with this, on the same car?

Or even this? I use a setup just like this for track days and autocrossing to tow behind my Solstice.

I see nothing wrong with the package shelf or even the small Harbor Freight trailer behind my Cruze.
    West Michigan Area Trifecta Tuner - PM for details

Driver's Ed
    I have the drawtite setup for my cruze. I have a 5x8 utility trailer that I haul 2 mx bikes, gear and toolbox. It does perfectly fine. I just got my waverunner out of storage (05 seadooo rxp). It tows it perfectly fine, I didn't have any trouble accelerating or going up small hills. I didn't gun it, take it a little slow, 4k or less. I checked my coolant temp gauge it was just below 1/2 way on the way to the storage place and it stayed the same with the waverunner. You can tow a waverunner no problem. Assuming you have a decent launch ramp at your lake/river. You can get the waverunner in without any trouble. If it's all gravel and bumpy then it will be sketchy. I also got 28 mpg towing the waverunner. My nissan frontier 4x4 got 16mpg's. sure it had a little more power and 4wd but w/e i'll take the cruze any day.

I'll post some pics later.

Learning about my Cruze
    Would this effect the contract on a lease vehicle ? I'd like to use one on a light weight canoe trailer. Thanks

Part of GM development is TOWING a tow DYNO behind these cars.

They give a tow spec cause it can tow!!

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahty View Post
    Would this effect the contract on a lease vehicle ? I'd like to use one on a light weight canoe trailer. Thanks
    No idea; I would ask the dealer if you can't find it in the paperwork fine print somewhere. My dealer purchased and installed my hitch and wiring so they have to cover it now lol.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike220 View Post
    No idea; I would ask the dealer if you can't find it in the paperwork fine print somewhere. My dealer purchased and installed my hitch and wiring so they have to cover it now lol.

Towing specs are in the owners manual. In the fine print of your purchase contract you are responsible for following the payload and towing weight limits, even if the dealership puts a towbar on.

Off the top of my head I believe the payload is 900 lbs, tow capacity is 1000lbs.

Driver's Ed
    People are so afraid to use their vehicles. lol Keep maximum tow weight in spec and pay attention to hitch loading and youre fine for occasional towing.

Im debating between a truck that gets better mileage than my 7.4L beast and keeping that but adding a Cruze to my fleet, and I will for sure tow my bike with the Cruze, with no worries at all. A Cruze isnt exactly a vehicle to pamper like it will be a collectors item someday. By the time it has Classic plates on it, gasoline will be a novelty and probably $15 a gallon.

Just be smart about what you pull.

Driver's Ed
    Yes I have an RS and the hitch is hidden, the lights require a special hardwired module. This car tows incredibly well i have pulled my boat, Uhaul trailers, motorcyle trailer easily over 3000 miles of towing and it has never even strained I do keep it at 55 mph and in 5th when pulling the boat, it's 1000 pound package, plus three men in the car and our coolers and gear. i have never even spun a wheel on the ramps. I have no doubt this car would easily tow 100lbs with ample torque and sufficent cooling i average 24 to 28 mpg towing, My model is the 2lt.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123