So... Water Pump went - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So... Water Pump went

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by msjuliebaby88 View Post
    I have a 2011 Cruze 1LT. It's been towed three (3) times for over heating. First time coolant was low no leaks, 2nd time a hose was leaking, and now it's the water pump. I really love my Cruze, but not all the hassle. Definitely trading it in now.
    Sounds like an incompetent dealership. Coolant just doesn't magically disappear without any cause. If the car is low on coolant, you find out why. Sorry to hear about your experience, but I would have taken it to a different dealership after they couldn't actually find anything wrong the first time.
    Jeffylou87 likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by msjuliebaby88 View Post
    I have a 2011 Cruze 1LT. It's been towed three (3) times for over heating. First time coolant was low no leaks, 2nd time a hose was leaking, and now it's the water pump. I really love my Cruze, but not all the hassle. Definitely trading it in now.
    Do you still own the vehicle at this point? Please contact me or Stacy privately with more details. We would be happy to look into this further for you. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service (Assisting Stacy).

6 months ago my first water pump went out on me sitting in traffic in july and now in nov Ive had to replace it again. Im guessing its just a cruze thing. I love the car tho and cant wait to finish building it out.

Mine went out too. I noticed I had to keep adding coolant and it was running hot during the winter.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Driver's Ed
    Mine went today; 53k miles... I wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't taken it in to the dealership about 6 weeks ago to have them see why the coolant level kept dropping, fog on windshield and sweet coolant smell in cabin - of course they couldn't find any problems. I was really thinking of trading up to a new Impala or Malibu, but I'm beginning to rethink the whole "new" GM thing. I really wanted to like this car, but now not so much...
    2011 Cruze Eco 6MT

Handbrake Released
    Are you guys replacing these yourself or are they warrantied?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Are you guys replacing these yourself or are they warrantied?
    The water pump is covered under the power train warranty. 5 year / 100,000 miles

Handbrake Released
    That's what I thought but wasn't for sure.

Driver's Ed
    Water pump is covered under 5y/100k powertrain warranty; this is definitely not a repair I expected to have come up - this is the first water pump I have had go out in a loooong time (1976 Monte Carlo) and even it had about 90k miles on it, if I remember right.
    2011 Cruze Eco 6MT

Retired Moderator

Not the first water pump out on a Cruze, not going to be the last either. Unfortunately.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast