Transmission Problems - Page 7
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

    Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
     
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Transmission Problems

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So. CT
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Frye View Post
    fastdriver: I applaud your persistence. However, I believe that you will never get your '11 model 6T40 transmission to shift properly until one of two things happen.
    1. It gets replaced with a second generation 6T40 transmission.
    2. You get a tune for it.

    I think it's pretty obvious that the '11 model 6T40 had problems and they fixed those problems with the new version of the transaxle.

    Somewhere along the way in dealing with GM/dealer, I asked about a new transmission and was told that a new transmission would NOT solve the problem because the dealer did that to someone else's car and it did not solve the problem! I was also told that a 2012 transmission cannot be put into a 2011 model? If this is BS- who knows? I'm no mechanic or engineer as I have stated previously. I just know how a car should shift after 50 years of owning new cars every 2-3 years! THIS car is the WORST by far!

    Also, an UPDATE- service mgr. told me last week that either last Thursday OR today, the engineer was going to the dealership to look at MY car and some others. He said that he would call me when this engineer was right in front of him! Well, I guess he never showed up because it's 2:20 PM and no calls yet! So, again I sit and wait and wait and wait! Ah......how I love this new GM "customer service" that they put into effect to retain their customer base! LOL..LOL..LOL...It "ain't" working!
    Last edited by fastdriver; 01-14-2013 at 02:28 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Off-Road Champion Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    Posts
    2,578
    This is for the Australian spec Cruzemaybe give some clue about US transmission. If you want complete document send me a private email address to send it to.

    The 6-speed manual transmission is manufactured in Aspern, Austria; all other

    transmissions are manufactured in Gunsan, South Korea.

    Six-speed Active Select automatic transmission is optional across the range. The 1.8L
    petrol engine is matched with a 6T30 unit; 1.4 iTi turbo petrol engine with 6T40 unit; 2.0L
    diesel with 6T45 unit. Features include:
    �� Clutch-to-clutch shift operation for precise, smoother shifts between gears
    �� Wide spread ratio – first gear has brisk acceleration with its high ratio, 6th gear
    overdrive ratio keeps engine revolutions as low as possible for fuel-efficient highway
    cruising

    Adaptive Shift Controls
    Adaptive shift controls include automatic grade braking, which commands the transmission to remain in a lower gear if the vehicle is decelerating or coasting on a downgrade. This takes advantage of engine braking to prevent unwanted acceleration. This reduces the need for the driver to brake during a hill descent. The control module receives input that monitors brake pedal usage, vehicle acceleration rate, throttle position, and even whether a trailer is connected to the vehicle.

  4. #63
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    To Stacy in GM Customer Service,
    Posting private email I sent you for other board members to refer to:

    My daughter's 2012 Cruze is a great little car, but the transmission is just horrendous. I drove it once and knew something wasn't quite right. She's almost 18 and has been driving a Toyota Camry with 80,000 miles on it and NEVER complained of shifting problems, nor with a 2011 Accord I own.
    Her brand new car was sitting in driveway when I got home today (Less than 200 miles on the 2012 Cruze, less than 2 weeks old....bought Jan. 5, 2012) and my Volt was gone...she said I had to take the Cruze back in because the transmission is slipping all over the place. Bought the car with 7 miles on it at Gordon Chevy, Tampa, Fl.

    Can you help me like my Volt advisor can? If I had been more aware of this issue on test drive, I never would have purchased such a rough shifting vehicle.
    Please call me if you can help. Going to dealer hopefully tomorrow or Friday, but would like to know if there are some fixes out there before going in blind.

    This is my daughter's first new car.....I made sure it was American branded, after owning and letting her drive many imports I wanted to bias her towards made in USA. You guys will either have a customer for life or lose her if you can't make this right. I know you guys lost me for over a decade for almost the same quality type issues.

    Thanks,
    Kirk (Redacted)
    Ph. # (Redacted)
    Last edited by tostige; 01-16-2013 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #64
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    I won't fight with GM one minute longer than my State Lemon Law dictates. I will not settle for a tranny that over-revs and jumps into each gear. I will take my car in weekly and file Lemon Law as soon as they fail to follow the Law to the tee.
    Not sure why more people don't "JUST FILE" and see what happens. Why deal with idiots for 2 years. Get filing and let us know what turns up!!

  6. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So. CT
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by tostige View Post
    To Stacy in GM Customer Service,
    Posting private email I sent you for other board members to refer to:

    My daughter's 2012 Cruze is a great little car, but the transmission is just horrendous. I drove it once and knew something wasn't quite right. She's almost 18 and has been driving a Toyota Camry with 80,000 miles on it and NEVER complained of shifting problems, nor with a 2011 Accord I own.
    Her brand new car was sitting in driveway when I got home today (Less than 200 miles on the 2012 Cruze, less than 2 weeks old....bought Jan. 5, 2012) and my Volt was gone...she said I had to take the Cruze back in because the transmission is slipping all over the place. Bought the car with 7 miles on it at Gordon Chevy, Tampa, Fl.

    Can you help me like my Volt advisor can? If I had been more aware of this issue on test drive, I never would have purchased such a rough shifting vehicle.
    Please call me if you can help. Going to dealer hopefully tomorrow or Friday, but would like to know if there are some fixes out there before going in blind.

    This is my daughter's first new car.....I made sure it was American branded, after owning and letting her drive many imports I wanted to bias her towards made in USA. You guys will either have a customer for life or lose her if you can't make this right. I know you guys lost me for over a decade for almost the same quality type issues.

    Thanks,
    Kirk (Redacted)
    Ph. # (Redacted)
    I'll beat Stacey. I am sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your daughter's new 2012 Cruze. I would tell you from my experience so far with GM "customer service" after 5+ months and over 40+ calls from them- DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH for a solution! A LOT of TALK, TALK, TALK, BUT very LITTLE action! A new TCM did not solve my problem. It is FINALLY at the dealer now for the past 2 days because an "engineer" is looking at my car now. The MOST aggravating thing about this whole situation is that GM KNOWS there is a problem with this transmission, but wants YOU to believe that it is an "abnormality"! All anyone has to do is a Google search for 2011 Chevy Cruze transmission shifting and you will find a plethora of articles and complaints. Check out the complaints at NHTSA also. I HOPE this "engineer" can solve my problem, but I hold NO hope simply because the service advisor lady at the dealer had a 2011 Cruze with the same problem AND the antifreeze smell and they couldn't fix her car! So, supposedly, she got "out" of her lease, lost THOUSANDS of dollars and got a 2012 or 13 Cruze and no problem. SO, if they couldn't fix HER car and she has access to all of GM, WHAT would EVER make me think that they are going to fix MINE? I think CEO Ackerson NEEDS to get OUT of his office and into the REAL WORLD! It's nice to dream! Wish he would go on that TV Show UNDERCOVER BOSS! His hair would stand up STRAIGHT with what he would hear and see!

  7. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So. CT
    Posts
    1,123
    TRANSMISSION PROBLEM SOLVED!

    Brought car to the dealer on 1/15 to have a GM engineer look at it. On 1/21 the GM Corporate guy called me to tell me that my car was "operating as designed"! He reached this conclusion as driving the car for only 13 miles! How I wish I could have placed a bet on this conclusion because I would have made a fortune! I
    KNEW this would be the outcome. Thankfully, my selling dealer bought out the last year of my lease.

    With the top off that GM sent me from using my GM credit card and the $1,000 GM gave me for all this aggravation, plus some other bonuses, I was able to lease a 2013 Buick Verano Turbo on 1/31 with a list price of 32,600 for only $30.00 more a month than my Cruze lease. My Cruse listed for about $25,000+

    Hopefully, my Verano will be trouble free! I really like GM cars, even my Cruze, but GM itself is slowly turning me away. If this car acts up with some major problem like my Cruze did and I cannot get the issue resolved, I will NEVER buy another GM product no matter what! I will force myself to like Toyota, Infiniti, Nissan or Lexus!

    I hope that all you poor people here can either have your problems resolved or find a way to get rid of your Cruze without losing your shirt. I want to thank those who offered help and suggestions these past two years. This and my 1999 Motor Trend Car of the Year Chrysler 300M have been the WORST two cars I have ever owned in the past 50 years as far as problems and not getting them resolved! I almost forgot- my 1980 Diesel Oldsmobile Tornado was no bargain either! TWO engines because of head gasket problems with the 350 CU engine that was RUSHED to production during the gas crisis!

    I'm sure that many of you will be thrilled to see me go because you did not like to hear me complaining about my Cruze! That's the only way to warn others thinking of making a purchase to think again!
    Last edited by fastdriver; 02-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.

  8. #67
    Resident Forum Drunkard
    brian v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chi Town West
    Posts
    5,269
    THanks man .
    fastdriver likes this.
    Enduring ,Veteran Retired . Over 90 Jumps ..when you get to stop counting .

    Knuckle Buster . !!!

    Rocket Science .

    So Live your Life that the fear of Death can never enter your Heart .

  9. #68
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    40
    Crap, so I'm not the only one who experiences slipping auto trans and weird shifts. I took it in once before for jerky shifts, and they reflashed something. The occurances seemed to have subsided, but it sometimes slips between gears on upshifts and it just doesn't feel good.

    Definitely the oddest feeling automatic transmission I've ever driven. This + the coolant leak are pretty discerning. I wanted to keep this car, but after seeing the ongoing issues, I think I might have to dump it.
    fastdriver likes this.

  10. #69
    Duke of Oil

    XtremeRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by xpeacemaker View Post
    Crap, so I'm not the only one who experiences slipping auto trans and weird shifts. I took it in once before for jerky shifts, and they reflashed something. The occurances seemed to have subsided, but it sometimes slips between gears on upshifts and it just doesn't feel good.

    Definitely the oddest feeling automatic transmission I've ever driven. This + the coolant leak are pretty discerning. I wanted to keep this car, but after seeing the ongoing issues, I think I might have to dump it.
    The coolant leak is most likely a water pump that will be covered under the warranty. As for the transmission, what year do you have? Have you checked your spark plug gaps? They may not sound like they would be related, but some members have noticed vastly improved transmission shifting after adjusting their spark plug gaps to 0.028"-0.035".
    izzyizz likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts


    XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net



    "When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

    "...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

  11. #70
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    The coolant leak is most likely a water pump that will be covered under the warranty. As for the transmission, what year do you have? Have you checked your spark plug gaps? They may not sound like they would be related, but some members have noticed vastly improved transmission shifting after adjusting their spark plug gaps to 0.028"-0.035".
    I'm really hoping its a faulty waterpump seal...

    My gf drives a 2011 Cruze. I have not checked the spark plug gaps. I wasn't planning on changing these out for a while. I may have to buy a spark plug gapper and check/regap the plugs.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM
  2. List all the problems you've had
    By cruze01 in forum Service Issues
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 06:20 PM
  3. Transmission problems?
    By alex725 in forum General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
  4. Cruze Transmission Problems
    By nv0i in forum General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 01:28 AM
  5. Problems with my DIC and mpg :( on my Eco
    By WHITECO in forum Fuel Economy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2