Transmission Problems
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Transmission Problems

Driver's Ed

Transmission Problems

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze with an automatic transsmission. It recently (after10 mo of problem free driving) started to lurch and jurk while going from gear to gear. The dealer sain this is normal for the "nwew 6 speed auto transmission in this modal" If so it is a poor design and will iritate drivers that are use to smooth running vehicles. Is this normal for Chevrolet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Herdman View Post
    I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze with an automatic transsmission. It recently (after10 mo of problem free driving) started to lurch and jurk while going from gear to gear. The dealer sain this is normal for the "nwew 6 speed auto transmission in this modal" If so it is a poor design and will iritate drivers that are use to smooth running vehicles. Is this normal for Chevrolet?
    This is EXACTLY why I am willing to live with my jerky transmission because of asinine responses like you received from your dealer! IF it was "normal", WHY did it not start from Day One instead of waiting 10 months to act up? My LTZ is 15 months old with 8,200 miles on it and it has not "LEARNED" my driving style yet! People here will tell you to get a "tune" to the TUNE of $$$$$ to solve your shifting problems. I say GM should pay for this "tune" if it's so terrific and solves the shifting problem.
    jsusanka likes this.

Driver's Ed
    I have a 2012 Cruze LS with 200 miles. i like everything on the car except the auto transmission. Chevy has been in the car business WAY to long to put a piece of _ _ _ _ like this on the Market. I applaude the attempt to go to a 6 speed, but some one in engineering has really goofed big time with this box. As I recall, even the 1951 Power-glide tranny was smoother. Let them tell you what ever makes THEM feel good about this box, it sucks! Will be contacting the area rep on this one. Bad Karma.

Driver's Ed
    I've had my 2012 LS for two months and 8500 miles and I feel like the transmission is actually getting worse. Like sometimes it jerks and then I'm worried its going to ruin the transmission.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App

I feel jerking in the transmission when hitting the gas (lightly) after a red light, then when sitting a red light I'll feel it rattling and rpms go up and down with me sitting still. I haven't asked Chevy since each time they did the oil change they said everything even the transmission was fine. I currently have just under 15k on my 2011. When I had onstar the reports said the transmission was fine as well. I don't think this is "normal" when I had a bad transmission in an old firebird it never acted this way...
    2011 White Cruze LS
    Bought July 2, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL

*Should have known about fuelly before I bought the car...0mpg at 2k miles is not correct!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnate32 View Post
    I've had my 2012 LS for two months and 8500 miles and I feel like the transmission is actually getting worse. Like sometimes it jerks and then I'm worried its going to ruin the transmission.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Just make sure you get rid of it BEFORE the transmission warranty runs out! Then, it's GM's problem!

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Or you can call GM and have them put a case in for you. That way, if the problem creates a failure after the warranty period is over, it will be covered as a pre-existing condition.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Herdman View Post

Howard Herdmanm,
    I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by tif9402 View Post
    I have a 2012 Cruze LS with 200 miles. i like everything on the car except the auto transmission. Chevy has been in the car business WAY to long to put a piece of _ _ _ _ like this on the Market. I applaude the attempt to go to a 6 speed, but some one in engineering has really goofed big time with this box. As I recall, even the 1951 Power-glide tranny was smoother. Let them tell you what ever makes THEM feel good about this box, it sucks! Will be contacting the area rep on this one. Bad Karma.

tif9402,
    I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockgal23 View Post
    I feel jerking in the transmission when hitting the gas (lightly) after a red light, then when sitting a red light I'll feel it rattling and rpms go up and down with me sitting still. I haven't asked Chevy since each time they did the oil change they said everything even the transmission was fine. I currently have just under 15k on my 2011. When I had onstar the reports said the transmission was fine as well. I don't think this is "normal" when I had a bad transmission in an old firebird it never acted this way...

shamrockgal23,
    I understand that dealing with issues on your vehicle can be very frustrating. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast