Check Engine Light when gas tank below 1/4 tank - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Check Engine Light when gas tank below 1/4 tank

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by chloweeeee View Post
    The check engine light on my 2012 Cruze has turned on four times now right before I need gas and has stayed on for about two days after I fill up. I only have 14,000 miles and have kept up with the maintenance. Nothing seems to affected and the car drives the same whether the light is on or off. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what it might be?

chloweeeee,
    Have you had a chance to take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you? I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your service appointment. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Hey guys thanks for the unsolicited criticism and the confirmation of why I've never posted in a message board. I took it to the dealership the day I posted that and, just like I thought, it was a non-critical issue that they won't even be able to fix for a couple weeks.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
    chloweeeee,
    Have you had a chance to take your Cruze into your dealer to have them look into this for you? I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your service appointment. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    I took it over the weekend and they said it was due to the engine thermostat. The part is back-ordered, but they will calll me as soon as it gets in.

Administrator

I took it over the weekend and they said it was due to the engine thermostat. The part is back-ordered, but they will calll me as soon as it gets in.
    That makes absolutely no sense. Can anyone explain how the engine thermostat triggers a CEL based on the amount of fuel left in the tank?

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Hey guys thanks for the unsolicited criticism and the confirmation of why I've never posted in a message board. I took it to the dealership the day I posted that and, just like I thought, it was a non-critical issue that they won't even be able to fix for a couple weeks.
    If you posted to WebMD about having shooting pains up your neck and down your arm and asked if this was something serious and can it wait until my next checkup, people there would be up in your business too.
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

1st Gear
    Cloweeeee, Sorry you can't take simple advice or read things into the posts. You asked and we told you what we thought you should do. If these comments hurt your feelings, I hope you never work in the real world. It is not all cotton candy clouds and rainbows out there, either.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative

chloweeeee,
    Thank you for the update. Please continue to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,

Driver's Ed

Unhappy

Hi, i have also the same problem with my Cruze 2012, but the car were at 7000 km.... The dealer told me that the problem maybe was the vacum..... So, i see the dealer next week to repare that. ( excuse-me, my english is very bad, i'm from the Quebec)

Annick

I have the same issue with my 2011 cruze. The CEL goes off right after I fill up. I'm out of warranty though, suggestions?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    I have the same issue with my 2011 cruze. The CEL goes off right after I fill up. I'm out of warranty though, suggestions?
    Define fillup. By this I mean are you stopping at or very quickly (no more than the next dollar) after the first pump click off or are you filling until the gas is visible in the fill pipe?

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.