Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Trifecta tune problem

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Merc6 
#1 ·
Reseller: Mace Engineering
Car: MY14 Holden Cruze SRi 1.6T

The program won't connect to my car. I've tried a Win8.1 and WinXP laptop.

WinXP drivers install ok
.Win8.1 installs but it has an extra 'unknown' device as well as the 2 known deviced (USB to COM connector and COM).

Both won't connect. Cable light turns Yellow when plugged into PC and Green when plugged into car. I've tried all the suggestions I've found on forums/etc and I work in IT so know my way around computers.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else done the tune on a Holden Cruze 1.6T ?

#2 ·
is it the cable from mace engineering? and if so have you contacted them about this problem?, I have been considering purchasing the mace tune for my cruze but have held off as I have been anticipating a similar problem occurring with my laptop,i went through this last year with my bmw and the Gallardo flashing cable,if it is any help I solved the problem by searching the net for updated usb port drivers I eventually got it to function but in the process disabled all but two of my laptop usb ports

#3 ·
Yes the cable was supplied by them. I've contacted them but they are pretty slow responding. I get the feeling they are sending the log files back to the US company to diagnose.

Apparently the red cable doesn't work with WinXP and I had driver issues with Win8.1 so I created a whole new Win7 x32 partition on my laptop last night but annoyingly still have the same problem. The drivers provided didn't work with Win7 (installed but after plugging in cable it said no driver found) but Win7 found drivers online.

I've come to the conclusion either the cable has an issue or the flash software doesn't recognise my car.

#4 ·
well that is a bummer,i hope it is a faulty cable,at least they can replace that,as for power pro flash not recognising the cruze ecu mace do advertise suitability for the new 1.6t,howeveri have been unable to find any reviews for the 1.6t tune,only the 1.4iti,imo still think it could be a driver problem as I run win7 64bit on my laptop and had very similar problems with Gallardo software and cable.
Hope this turns out ok for you,btw I was unaware that mace was US based,I am considering this tune so am interested in if it all plays out to your satisfaction.

#5 ·
Mace is based in AUS, but the tunes for the 1.4 & 1.6 (if they do them) come from the usa from Trifecta. There is no 1.6t motor in the US though.

I've tried using an openport tactrix cable with the latest trifecta software a few months back and it didnt recognise the ecu. Which is why i'm sceptical of mace offering tuning for them.

Happy to be proven wrong.

#8 ·
Some times the issue is the PCM firmware. If this cable doesn't work you will need to go to your dealer and have them flash the latest firmware on to your PCM.

#9 ·
The 'old' cable they sent works, finally, and I've loaded the base tune they sent (they sent the base tune before I had a chance to send the ECM file). I selected the 'transparent' option but it said it couldn't be used so I proceeded without it.

Now I am just waiting for a revised tune as it doesn't feel quite right. When trying to pull away in first it takes the smallest push on the accelerator and it feels like full throttle/boost - you have to slip the clutch so it doesn't lurch forward in traffic or spin the wheels.

#11 ·
That sounds kinda like the performance tune. Us standard 1.4t Cruzers had to "relearn" driving the car again. When switching to eco(if that is an option you have) we had a small amount of change there off the line as well. If you have the option to switch between tunes, use the eco one for stop & go traffic and rain until you get fully used to the tune and updates to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.