GM Social Media Customer Assistance Representative

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: GM Social Media Customer Assistance Representative

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative

GM Social Media Customer Assistance Representative

Hello,
    I would like to introduce myself as a Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative from the GM Social Media group. The GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over sixty forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. While we are not able to provide technical assistance, we are able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site. I can understand and appreciate you wanting to ensure that this is a legitimate outreach from GM. We are eager to be joining this online community and hope that we are able to provide some assistance here. Thank you.
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service
    Jstue, Patman, idrive1 and 14 others like this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    This is a great idea and something my company currently does.

Handbrake Released
    US and Canada too?

Driver's Ed
    Welcome to the forum, Stacy!

Ok, so how can I find out if there are any recalls for my car? I bought it in June of this year. My transmission does funny things as I'm sure you and all the owners are aware of already
    fastdriver likes this.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by getblended View Post
    Ok, so how can I find out if there are any recalls for my car? I bought it in June of this year. My transmission does funny things as I'm sure you and all the owners are aware of already
    You can find out about recalls on any car via the right side of Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

To quote from Motor Vehicle Defects and Safety Recalls: What Every Vehicle Owner Should Know | Safercar.gov | NHTSA
    Frequently Asked Questions

When is a recall necessary?

• When a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment (including tires) does not comply with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard.
    • When there is a safety-related defect in the vehicle or equipment.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards set minimum performance requirements for those parts of the vehicle that most affect its safe operation (brakes, tires, lighting) or that protect drivers and passengers from death or serious injury in the event of a crash (air bags, safety belts, child restraints, energy absorbing steering columns, motorcycle helmets). These Federal Standards are applicable to all vehicles and vehicle-related equipment manufactured or imported for sale in the United States (including U.S. territories) and certified for use on public roads and highways.
    What Is a safety-related defect?

The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as “the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle.” A defect includes “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment.” Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:
    • poses an risk to motor vehicle safety, and
    • may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture, or items of equipment of the same type and manufacture.

Examples of defects considered safety-related

• Steering components that break suddenly causing partial or complete loss of vehicle control.
    • Problems with fuel system components, particularly in their susceptibility to crash damage, that result in leakage of fuel and possibly cause vehicle fires.
    • Accelerator controls that may break or stick.
    • Wheels that crack or break, resulting in loss of vehicle control.
    • Engine cooling fan blades that break unexpectedly causing injury to persons working on a vehicle.
    • Windshield wiper assemblies that fail to operate properly.
    • Seats and/or seat backs that fail unexpectedly during normal use.
    • Critical vehicle components that break, fall apart, or separate from the vehicle, causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside or outside the vehicle.
    • Wiring system problems that result in a fire or loss of lighting.
    • Car ramps or jacks that may collapse and cause injury to someone working on a vehicle.
    • Air bags that deploy under conditions for which they are not intended to deploy.
    • Child safety seats that contain defective safety belts, buckles, or components that create a risk of injury, not only in a vehicle crash but also in non-operational safety of a motor vehicle.

Examples of defects NOT considered safety-related:

• Air conditioners and radios that do not operate properly.
    • Ordinary wear of equipment that has to be inspected, maintained and replaced periodically. Such equipment includes shock absorbers, batteries, brake pads and shoes, and exhaust systems.
    • Nonstructural or body panel rust.
    • Quality of paint or cosmetic blemishes.
    • Excessive oil consumption.

4th Gear
    Hi and thanks for visiting here. I've seen the GM advisor on the Volt forum and it's good to see you here too.

I do have a specific complaint & question. From the first day I owned it, my base model LS Cruze has made a repetitive pulsiing sound that originates from the A/C compressor. Several other people on this forum have the same issue. I even posted a video of my car making the noise. It goes away almost instantly when I turn the A/C on by pressing the snowflake button but comes back when the A/C is off. The sound is worse in hot conditions.

My dealer is pretty good and they actually replaced the A/C compressor but it didn't make any improvement. They said there was nothing more they could do. Another person on the forum said GM engineers actually came to his dealership to investigate the problem on his car.

My question is - have the GM engineers come to any determination about a repetitive pulsation sound from the A/C compressor in the base model Cruze LS and is there any repair that can be done by my dealer to make it stop?

Feel free to send me a private message if you need to know the name of my dealer or anything else that you might need.

Stacy, "Welcome," to CruzeTalk.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

BOOOOST!
    So are you Stacy from Chevrolet Customer Service or someone from Stacy Chevrolet?

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetterin View Post
    So are you Stacy from Chevrolet Customer Service or someone from Stacy Chevrolet?
    Chevrolet Customer Service for Social Media. Not linked to any dealership.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.