Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gm accessories spoiler

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lukeurip 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the gm accessories spoiler was wondering if you have to drill holes in the trunk or not. As small as the thing is I would think that 3m tape would be plenty to hold it on.

#2 ·
I installed an AM factory style lip. Very easy to do and comes painted. Yes you do have to drill into the deck lid but the kit come with a drill template to make it easy. I would not trust double sided tape to hold it on for any long period of time unless you just plan on keeping you car in a garage. The factory Lip has everything you need and is mounted better than an AM but cost wise its way too expensive for what you get plus you still have to get it painted. Amazon $150 painted and delivered.

#5 ·
The factory lig gets mounted with a lot more bolts. The AM one is mounted with 3 bolts, one center and one at each end. Thes rest of the lip has double side tape and stick on gaskets. I dont trust the dealer on doing a job like i would do it. I drilled the holes and then painted the drilled edges. I just dont feel the dealer will take the time to do a few extra steps. They are drill, seal, next job.
My lip has been on for 7 months and it has not moved and looks great still.

#8 ·
That AM spoiler looks a little bigger, I'll try to get some pics of my RS spoiler from the same angles

Reactions: spacedout
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.