SS-Style Spoiler... Opinions???

25K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  Erastimus 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#16 ·
#3 ·
that is the wing i ordered. its nice. order from there site not ebay. is about $100 cheaper

Sequence Body Kits

Reactions: Chase Toole
#7 ·
i agree about the stock wing. why bother. the sequence wing looks good. my car is black just like that one but my wheels are black too.

#8 ·
Yuck

#9 ·
It's a bit ricer. It serves no purpose besides looks and I think it's way to big. The OEM looking spoilers don't look grampa style at all. You just have to do your car right.
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Mid-size car Sky
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Full-size car

#10 ·
It's a bit ricer. It serves no purpose besides looks and I think it's way to big. The OEM looking spoilers don't look grampa style at all. You just have to do your car right.
View attachment 10675 View attachment 10676

Well... Chevy Cruze is pretty much an American Ricer anyway... This spoiler is based off of the Colbalt SS one anyway, so it may as well be OEM... If I would have known that the options are so limited for the RS I would have just got the base model lol...

#12 ·
Honestly - If Chevy created an SS Cruze with the 1.6T or 2.0T, I would see it with a wing like that.... the Cruze's evolutionary design from the cobalt only supports this wing. Then again, Chevrolet offered buyers the option to not have the wing when purchasing SS's. If I was more sports minded and didn't have the more luxury/premium looking crystal red tintcoat but instead had a black or red cruze, I would consider it.More power to you!

Reactions: Chase Toole
#18 ·
To be honest, a Cruze isn't a street racer either. It's an economy car. You can make it look sporty with a lip spoiler, or you can make it look ricer with a massive wing. IMO, a car with an aggressive lip spoiler looks a heck of a lot faster to me than a car with a massive wing. Of course, this is just my opinion. If you really like the larger spoiler, then more power to you; you'll be the one driving the car after all.

I see the Cruze as 100% Euro. The rear end is definitely Euro, which is why you can fake a Mercedes or BMW pretty easily.

The body lines around the trunk are very, very similar to a BMW, which is why BMW-style lights work so well.

The front end IMO is also all Euro.

If I had some cash, I'd be replacing my lip spoiler with this one:
T5i® - Chevy Cruze 2011-2013 Factory Style Rear Lip Spoiler

#17 · (Edited)
ahhh a Subacruze....

I think it looks ridiculous. I could accept it if there were Cruzes beatin around the WRC but to me it looks like a gaudy wing a 16 year old would bolt to his 1991 Civic to pretend it is fast

#19 ·
Thanks for the opinions guys... But since GM told me that they have no plans for an SS in the near future, I am going with the Super Sport theme with mine.. This spoiler is the Cobalt SS style as I said earlier and unless another one comes out with the same theme pretty soon, I'ma go with it...

I agree with most of you though, I'm a classic Chevy muscle fan my self and don't too much like the "Ricer" look either. But I have the final product in mind and trust me, I'm not gonna make it look stupid.

I just don't think the lip does it justice, afterall it's not a V8...

Please stop by my garage and check out what I've done so far if you get a chance... My Cruze is Victory Red with 5% tint, blacked out bowties, and I custom painted my rims (Black/Alloy)... Thanks

#25 ·
I'm not positive, but I don't think the turbo Cobalt came with the big wing, only the S/C one did. I've never seen a Turbo one with, they have always had a low rise spoiler

#26 ·
Youngsters in motion . Groove on or something

#27 ·
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks good. i bought it for the lines it has! If done right no one will call you a ricer. Look up ricer....if you so much as put rims on your cruze, you already are on the path of a RICER by definition! hahaha. when i ordered my wing i asked how many they had sold so far. they were put on sale starting november 2012 and they had sold 700 already but i have no idea if they were telling the truth!

#28 ·
hahahaha my sister still works for the GM dealership i use to work for and she sold a cruze to some old folks and they said they wanted the lip spolier cuse it would give the old woamen's husband something to hold on to when walking around the car!! LMFAO

#29 ·
And there is always that idea . Some thing for the older folks to hold onto and dream about plus good gas mileage .

#33 ·
Nice, I dig it

#34 ·
Sorry guys, big wing doesn't look good on the cobalt or the Cruze. A subbie is probably the only ones that can pull it off for a street car. And I don't mean low powered ones either.

#40 · (Edited)
Your car, your money; if you like it go for it......However....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.