Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cruze RS rear swap to non-RS model

11K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  CHEVYCRUZE RS 
#1 ·
Thinking of swapping my rear to an RS rear, it looks SO much better and doesn't hang too low that it will look bad without the side skirts.

Photoshop anyone? Thoughts?

#9 ·
Haha this is my problem!
I hate my back "RS" bumper with that chrome strip.
I am currently coming up with a custom insert but dont know what kind of material to use. Where the chrome trim is, underneath it you can see the metal frame from the car so i cant use a familiar chain mesh design. :confused:
Any thoughts on what to use?

The RS rear bumber cover is F-ugly. What the heck is that awful black honeycomb piece there for. <----rhetorical question.

Anyway, to each their own. Good Luck

#16 ·
Yeah thats what my buddy told me to do. Never really worked with it before but is it hard to install?

This is my last option and then ill just wait till any companies come out with any possible inserts or whatever lol.

Anyways thanks for the help guys,

CHEVYCRUZE RS

#17 ·
I Agree with ugly RS Package bumper

I hope to be purchasing a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1Lt with the RS package but i too now am starting to hate the way the back of it (RS) looks!! There's no way to just replace it with a regular LT bumper after the car is purchased? I wouldnt even get the RS package but i really want the upgraded inside stuff. Im seriously just thinking about just buying the OEM spoiler and then just do the dealer installed fog lights and have them both installed for me on a regular 1LT without the RS package. Its a shame the RS package makes the car look likes it wearing a soggy diaper, haha!

#19 ·
Chevy Cruze RS Brings Sporty Looks But No Brawn | GM Authority

The RS interior gets an uplevel instrument cluster, replacing the standard silver finish with chrome accent rings as well as opaque cluster bezels that allow the cluster’s ice blue backlighting to shine through. GM says that this provides “a sporty nighttime appearance.” So how would i go about doing the swap. Truthfully I dont want all the stuff that come with the RS package, if i could just get the chrome accented fog lights with the interior upgrades, i would be happy! Unfortunately i dont think Chevy would let me get that specific wit it?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.