RS Mud Guards
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AutumnCruzeRS

Thread: RS Mud Guards

Driver's Ed

RS Mud Guards

Has anyone found any mud guards that will fit RS package?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    The dealer ordered me the splash guards when I purchased the car and were to have them installed when I picked it up. When I got there they admitted they messed up because they "didn't realize" they didn't fit the RS (even though it was in BIG BOLD PRINT). I still had them at least try to put on the rears and ended up leaving them on. They actually fit pretty good; not perfect but pretty good. They stick out a little bit at the top but not enough to look badly noticable. In my opinion it was still better than nothing and when it comes time to rotate tires I may see if I can trim the backside a little bit to get them to lay a flater against the bumper. The fronts don't fit at all because of the added ground effect on the RS's so they are sitting on the shelf at home. Sucks that you have to order them as the four piece set only but I guess if ur interested enough thats the price you will pay (since it was their mistake and I only used the rears they refund half my money which to me was worth it).
    Last edited by 2012CruzeRS; 03-06-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Driver's Ed
    You would think after 2 years, chevy would have designed some to fit. I can't even find any after market guards!

Driver's Ed
    Here is a pic of how the rear splash guards fit the RS... As stated previously, they stick out just a bit...

DSCN2581.jpg

The lack of splash guards almost turned me off the RS package. My previous car, 2009 Cobalt SS, couldn't fit splash guards on either and as a result the rocker panels and front wheelwells took a lot of abuse in front resulting in surface rust.

Good news though. I took my car into our shop yesterday to look it all over on a hoist. The front wheelwells are completely lined and the liner actually sticks out below far enough to cover the rocker. At this point, it doesn't appear splash guards are needed.

I used these Highland Universal 15"x8 3/4" guards from Auto Zone. When I first installed them they rubbed while I took for a drive so had to do some trimming. Nothing some tin shears coulndnt handle. Heres some pics:
    101_0005.jpg101_0007.jpg101_0008.jpg101_0009.jpg101_0010.jpg
    101_0011.jpg
    I havent decided on rear guards yet.
    Sunline Fan likes this.

Made it to work today with no scraping. Final fit is 2 3/4" from bottom of flap to ground. Looks like theyll do for me for the RS plus cant beat the price of $10.

To update on this I switched out these hard plastic flaps to Plasticolor's gold bowtie soft rubber flaps.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements