Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New headlights are in!

Tags
headlights
6K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Blue_RS 
#1 ·
Im pretty excited today, the new lights are in! Does anyone have these installed?

#6 ·

They look fantastic, but you are probably going to be disappointed with the light output. Not as good as stock.
Luckily i never drive at night, your led strip doesnt look as bright as i would have thought it is. I hope they perform decent, i am excited to get them.

#4 ·
Have to agree with JStoner, also the "DRL" Audi style are not that bright. I used to have them before my accident - but now I have new ones I need to post pictures of.

#9 ·
I want to "upgrade" too. They look amazing, but the stock light output is hard to beat (and I don't want to sacrifice that). Especially with the fog lights on.

#11 ·
So Im considering purchasing a cruze. If I do, these headlights were going to be one of my first upgrades.

The issues I see is the Halo, the Audi Style drl not being bright and the headlight output.

My Idea is to open them up once bought. Remove or unhook the Round Halo Led ring, Replace the Audi DRL style with Either a Bright LED's, Or a Completely new SwitchBack LED Rope so that
when the turn signal is operated, it turns off and flash's Amber with the turn signal. I think that would be pretty cool....
The other issue is the main output. I would fix this with a true Bi-Xenon Retrofit properly done ( I did it on my wifes cobalt ) and that would fix any output issues.
The last thing I would want to do is replace the Turn signal LED's with a brighter Cree Amber LED to make the front turn signals brighter, more visible for day time use.

The only issue is I don't think anyones done this yet... I haven't been able to find someone who has.

#21 ·
you have a point, HID bulbsin stock housing( or any housing not meant for HID) would be a bad idea. THey blind on coming drivers because the light does not cut off where it is suppose to, it tends to through light where ever it wants.

BUT they are not just putting a HID right into the stock housing. They are adding in ( or they seem to plan to add) the proper housing for the HID bulb to sit in.

#25 ·
#27 ·
Can you send me the link where you got them from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.