Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Simple PlastiDip

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AkotaHsky 
#1 ·
So I thought of using PlastiDip like others on the ECO rims as I am not a big fan of the chrome. However, after lookin at the car and seein how the black would look, it doesnt seem to jive well with the color, Autumn Metallic. The one thing I did hate in the rims is the chevy emblem. It looked yellow and very tacky. So I decided to just do the center cap of the rim. I havent seen pics of anyone doing it yet, though some probably have. I think it makes the rims look better. What you guys think? I need to get some pics of the car up in whole here soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks nice. I think it would be awesome if you had just taped of the bowtie and plastidip'd all the bowties...well I guess I know what im doing... Got four bowties to plastidip. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
For the bowties, I just taped it off like normal, but pulled the tape before the dip dried. After that, taped off the center caps, lugs and put newspaper behind the wheels and dip'd them. Every time I let it dry the tape would peel it, so I had to do it quick.

#12 ·
I have an Autumn Metallic Eco, and I like the the stock center caps. Just enough gold accent to make it work. I actually thought about gold anodizing my rims so you can till see the polish underneath them, and I hate anything gold, but with the car color, it just looks right. I will not be plasti-dipping anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.