Front license plate bracket!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front license plate bracket!

Banned

Thumbs down Front license plate bracket!

To ALL dealers/service personnel-

PLEASE do NOT automatically put on the front license plate bracket even if you are in a state that requires two plates! Let the customer decide if they want holes in their bumper and an ugly bracket!

My LTZ RS came from another dealer and not the one I bought it from, so they already made holes in the front bumper to attach that ugly bracket! I do live in a two plate state, but have NOT had a front plate/bracket on my car in YEARS!

WHY would a dealer automatically do that? It ruins the beautiful front end of the LTZ RS and the other Cruze models as well. Luckily my plate is a little fancier one and not a plain Jane model, so it doesn't look too bad, but I would have preferred NO plate!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze INTIMIDAT3R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
    To ALL dealers/service personnel-

PLEASE do NOT automatically put on the front license plate bracket even if you are in a state that requires two plates! Let the customer decide if they want holes in their bumper and an ugly bracket!

My LTZ RS came from another dealer and not the one I bought it from, so they already made holes in the front bumper to attach that ugly bracket! I do live in a two plate state, but have NOT had a front plate/bracket on my car in YEARS!

WHY would a dealer automatically do that? It ruins the beautiful front end of the LTZ RS and the other Cruze models as well. Luckily my plate is a little fancier one and not a plain Jane model, so it doesn't look too bad, but I would have preferred NO plate!
    ...And all the people said, "AMEN!!!" Too late for my '11 Cruze LT/RS, but...

My '11 Camaro 2SS/RS is part of the "No Holes" Club. No front plate is just a fix-it ticket, not a moving violation. Better than holes and that ugly bracket.
    "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
    ...And all the people said, "AMEN!!!" Too late for my '11 Cruze LT/RS, but...

My '11 Camaro 2SS/RS is part of the "No Holes" Club. No front plate is just a fix-it ticket, not a moving violation. Better than holes and that ugly bracket.
    EXACTLY! Some dealers just see a car as a car and nothing else. There are SOME of us who do care what our cars look like and how they are treated when we bring them in for service.

1st Gear
    i know i hate those things. it just looks so bad. and the are pop-riveted on there. so def will leave a hole if you remove it.

2nd Gear
    I also don't care for the dealer logo's that get affixed to cars. Its like they assume you don't mind the permanent free advertising of their dealership on your car.

Learning about my Cruze Diretoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCruzer View Post
    I also don't care for the dealer logo's that get affixed to cars. Its like they assume you don't mind the permanent free advertising of their dealership on your car.
    Tennessee is a one plate state, thank goodness! I removed the dealer sticker the day after I bought it. They will get no free advertising from me. If someone asks where I got my car, I'll tell them.

Banned

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCruzer View Post
    That's ANOTHER thing I NEVER have on my cars! I don't care if it's a sticker or those even uglier license plate frames! I understand that my Cruze DID have a dealer sticker on it that the other dealer put on. It was taken off BEFORE I saw it because I did inquire about that too once MY dealer had the car. It was too late for the license bracket!

There has been only ONE logo that I kept on my car, in recent years, because it was a sailboat, chrome colored, that matched the car logos on the trunk of my "award winning" 1999 Chrysler 300M()

HOW do these dealers know that the car on their lot isn't going to be swapped with another dealer like my car was? So, again, dealers- NO LICENSE PLATE BRACKETS AND NO ADVERTISING!

It could be said a million times, but it will never change. The dealers will do as they please because most customers won't complain. I guess we're in the minority.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diretoy View Post
    Tennessee is a one plate state, thank goodness! I removed the dealer sticker the day after I bought it. They will get no free advertising from me. If someone asks where I got my car, I'll tell them.
    EXACTLY! Same here!

Driver's Ed
    has anyone taken off the front bracket?
    I wouldn't mind finding some rubber plugs to put in place of the holes, but I was wondering how large the holes were.
    When I bought my car (valentines day), I got home and took off the plastic dealership plate in the front to find out that the bracket was riveted in but I'm leery about drilling the plastic rivets out.
    any suggestions??

Driver's Ed

Another Bad plate experience.

Quote Originally Posted by brewer View Post
    has anyone taken off the front bracket?
    I wouldn't mind finding some rubber plugs to put in place of the holes, but I was wondering how large the holes were.
    When I bought my car (valentines day), I got home and took off the plastic dealership plate in the front to find out that the bracket was riveted in but I'm leery about drilling the plastic rivets out.
    any suggestions??
    First, I'm happy to see a well put together forum on these cars.
    I hardly ever post, even with lurking for information on ls1 and f-body forums for years, but my blood is still a boiling over this license plate thing too.
    As per the chevy app on my iphone my local dealership was supposed to be getting a new Eco. After being told it was on it's way a few weeks ago and not hearing back I went to check on it again thinking they lost my number or something. ($yeah right). Well I hadn't stepped 2 feet from my door when I looked over and saw a transport truck with the little white eco hanging out back. Very cool, I love when that happens like a sign ya know lol. Well they wouldn't work with me on a trade so I called back the next day to ask for a cash price. They certainly didn't do me any favors there either only coming down a few $100 but the eco manuals are few and far between around here so far so I bit. (also had owner loyalty GM card and 2.9apr that helps too)

Well since I had been there the day before they had put it through pdi, and yes mine was sporting that hideous black thing with an equally appaling dealership adplate. We are also a one plate state so there is simply no excuse. If I had known they were such a PITA to remove I probably would have went elswhere. But honestly my father has sold used cars for years and I have taken plenty off before. But good gracious those rivets! Pulling a stupid impatient move in less than ideal light I broke one off trying to get it off. No turing back now. I twisted the heads off the rivets and removed that hulking black waste of $15 bucks for which I was charged only to find four black holes on my brand new car! I was just sick, this is the kind of crap you deal with on used cars not a new one.

Well what I did after I cooled down was found these little wood binding screws I had left over from a dog house I built that had a white baked on finish on the heads. They are actually used to attatch sheet metal to the decking on a house. They have a hex head, so a pan head screw would be better, but for my white car they looked much better than holes and to me, a heck of a lot better than that stupid plate bracket.

Obviouisly if I had it to do over I might have skipped out and looked elsewhere. Plus more than anything I would have taken my time and probably tried to drill them out from the start. (I did use a drill to clear the hole just a bit so there was room for screw.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.