Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Help choosing LED Headlight Bulb

11K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Crimeri 
#1 ·
After getting LED foglight bulbs, I now want to get LED headlight bulbs as well to bring everything together in front. Which ones have people had success with? I want to know some good options, links and pics would be helpful. Thanks!
:D

2012 Blue LTZ 1.4T
Daily Grinder

#3 ·
Click on my profile and search through my recent posts. I have a lot of good info on LED headlight bulbs, specifically the H13/9008 application.

Most people think that overall brightness for a given LED bulb is better than stock but it really isn't. They see a brighter garage door when they turn on their low beams or drive down the road and see signs light up miles down the road, and think "these things are so bright, its awesome". The most important attribute should be proper beam pattern. And 99% of ALL led bulbs on the market don't achieve it.

In my most recent posts I talk about what to look for when shopping for a decent LED headlight bulb.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I would highly advise against those bulbs. There is no domed emitter that will ever achieve the same beam pattern as a halogen filament. This is why the compact size of the Luxeon Z ES emitters are such a good match. Its small enough that when arranged in an array it mimics the filament. You can't stuff huge domed emitters with high lux ratings and expect that light to properly converge in the reflector to illuminate anything that resembles a suitable beam pattern for driving. Too much surface area of light.

CSP chips are becoming a better option as they are smaller (as small as 1mm x 1mm) with high efficacy and can be arranged tighter to create a much more precise beam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.