Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What winter tires to get on the Cruze?

Tags
tires winter
7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  justmike 
#1 ·
Winter is coming up in a couple of months and I've just saw that most tire prices are going up in the next month so I'm hoping to purchase my winter tires pretty early before the rush. I was wondering what you guys run for winter tires or do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Well I just had my snow tires put on the 16" steel wheels we used on our Aura and the car still isn't here yet. Went again with the Firestone WinterForce in the Cruze size of 215/60/16 since I've had great luck with them on the Aura & my 99' Saturn SL2 for the last 3 seasons. FYI: Firestone has the buy 3 & get one free through the end of November in the US for the WinterForce snows. I was out the door with all road hazard & balance warranties for a little under $400. Not bad in my book for a 16". :)

#14 ·
I just got the winter tire package that came with purchase of the Cruze and they are General Tires. I googled them and they came in as second best below the Michelins. In fact they have a better rating for rain and snow than the Michelins which is what we mostly have here on Vancouver Island. So I got a very good deal in my mind and they were free and mounted for free. Come spring though I want some really nice aftermarket rims to put on rather than change out the rims twice a year. Unless the high end stock Cruze rims come in at a reasonable price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.