Bilstein B8 : The sweet spot - Page 3

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bilstein B8 : The sweet spot

Retired Moderator

Keep in mind the Cruze front suspension gains camber as it is compressed. This means that you gain camber simply by lowering the car. My front end has about the same camber as the rear after lowering, which is to say, a pretty big gain. The front end grip is improved a LOT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

yah i know most independent suspension have this natural design but at stock height at auto cross running proper amount of air i have more or less worn away my front outside shoulder. had i been able to adjust camber from the get go i could have had a proper track set up and have even wear, better grip out of these low grip lrr tires.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Poje View Post
    For the difference in price, for sure i would suggest going with Bilstein or Koni for shocks. Putting B8 with stock springs should be good, let us know what you think!

Btw i see that you have an ECO and i think this is the perfect Cruze to keep the stock springs, since imo its the best looking Cruze with a stock suspension.
    Late to the party here, but do you have a part number for the Bilsteins? I have a 2012 Cruze Eco, manufactured 11/11, and no online catalog brings that front shock up for my vehicle.

Also, does Koni even make anything for our cars?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Poje is online now [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Late to the party here, but do you have a part number for the Bilsteins? I have a 2012 Cruze Eco, manufactured 11/11, and no online catalog brings that front shock up for my vehicle.

Also, does Koni even make anything for our cars?
    Both Koni and Bilstein dont do front Strut for Cruze anymore, but Bilstein still do Coil-overs and rear Shocks :

Bilstein, Innovation and High Quality Since 1873
    2015 Cruze Diesel White : Tinted windows, de-badged, Fleece tune and downpipe, PTP Turbo Blanket, Intake mod, 3M black gloss roof and Plastidip diffuser, Bilstein B8 shocks, PZero tires.

2014 Cruze Diesel Red : Stock.

2012 Cruze RS Silver (Sold)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Poje View Post
    Both Koni and Bilstein dont do front Strut for Cruze anymore, but Bilstein still do Coil-overs and rear Shocks :

Bilstein, Innovation and High Quality Since 1873
    I never did see them on the website, but I was able to order them. I wonder if it's just an issue with their website.

Poje is online now [OP]
    I never did see them on the website, but I was able to order them. I wonder if it's just an issue with their website.
    They were there back in the day and they had a B12 kit too. (B8 with Eibach springs)

They dont make them anymore im 90% sure of it, you can only get the Front strut from a seller who still have them in stock. (The only way to realy know would be to call Bilstein and im in Canada)
    2015 Cruze Diesel White : Tinted windows, de-badged, Fleece tune and downpipe, PTP Turbo Blanket, Intake mod, 3M black gloss roof and Plastidip diffuser, Bilstein B8 shocks, PZero tires.

Poje is online now [OP]
    Nvm, went to the Euro website and they still make them :

Parts catalogue
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Administrator

Yeah I waited several weeks for mine to arrive from Germany.

since owning older permanence vehicles id say buy your parts sooner then later. on my daytona turbo its a pain to find adjustable koni shocks anymore. either new old stock or rebuild a old set. get your coil overs now and down the road youll be one of the few that has them when they are no longer made... also stock up on parts lol
    Poje likes this.
    67.3 Mpg....18HR, 2 drivers 60mph long haul..Would be better without EPA in the car

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.