Duralast rotors and pads - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Duralast rotors and pads

Administrator

My OEM rotors were shot by 50k; they were done. Pulsating got very annoying. Pads had plenty of life left.

I upgraded to Centric premium g3500 cast rotors and Centric posi-quiet semi-metallic pads and haven't looked back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Well....

I drank the kool aid and went with the Centric setup. Same one Xtreme has in his sticky. Couldn't pass up $113 shipped.

Thanks all!
    Merc6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    My OEM rotors were horrible. I don't know if it was just a casting defect or they were just cheap, but I had them resurfaced by 10k and replaced in the mid 20's. No issues with the Centrics in 2x that. The pads would fade in repeated highway stop-and-go in the summer as well, so that got annoying too.

The stock pads on my '16 make a ton of dust. I don't know if they're different from the 1st gens or not.
    I have had a similar experience. They replaced my rotors at 12k because of a pretty bad pulsation. The new rotors were doing the same thing at 23k. I replaced the pads with Akebono and the rotors with the Centric blanks like you did. For a few thousand they have been awesome. You can even still see the original casting marks on the Centric rotors.
    Merc6 likes this.
    Current- 2014 Red Hot Cruze 1LT RS 6M
    Past- 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatch

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Nice. Got my parts next day. Apparently the drop shipper was in my city. Lol

Anywho, whilst doing the oil change and installing part one of the fog lights today, I snapped a few pics. My brakes seem to be doing quite well for 72k. Those centrics may be setting a while longer lol

IMG_3839.JPG

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.