Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Binding Steering at Hwy speeds

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  DrVette 
#1 ·
1st, my isp has.been dead for months.
I'm plugging. on this tiny Androod so of the topic is already active don't shoot.

At hi speeds, the wheel sticks on right corrections.
It has like a full pound of resistance then Bam, releases!
Left corrections are ok.
Ideas?

unit has some 22k miles, 9 months old ~

#6 ·
I just had this problem with mine.

The fix is a replacement steering rack and re-flash for the steering control software.

Take it into the dealer and ask that they drive it with you so that you can duplicate the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Is this a permanent fix?

#3 ·
Ugg, not what I wanted to hear.

Thanks though.
Doc

#7 ·
DrVette,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are having with your Cruze. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#4 ·
My '12 ECO 6M has been doing it too lately, just turned 8000 miles and it wasn't going away so came on here to search for the issue and it was on the first page. Love this site!

Unfortunately I guess I'll have to make an appt with the dealer.

#8 ·
SkidooSteve12,
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Cruze. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions or would like my assistance please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#5 ·
Hmmm... ditto here. Mine "sticks" when you make small corrections. The term that describes it best is "Stiction"; from the Wikipedia page:

"Stiction is the static friction that needs to be overcome to enable relative motion of stationary objects in contact."

Here: Stiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At first I thought I was nuts, but it seems to be getting more and more noticeable. Is there an official TSB on this issue?

#11 ·
I feel.the "electric-assist" is mal-adjusted.

I am.not taking mine in just yet, hoping for improvement.

#14 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.