Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Auto Shop being for real with me?

Tags
auto real shop
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim Frye 
#1 ·
So I drive 2013 Cruze and bought a set of Styluz m542. And as the shop was putting them on for me the rear wheels went on perfectly and looked dope. But as they tried putting on the front they were saying the calipers or wheel hub were making the wheels not flush or balanced... something along those lines. That a wheel spacer is needed. The website I got them from never said there should be any issues so what's up? Cuz it's a front wheel drive car I need a new hub centric or spacer only in the front?

Thanks for the help!

#6 ·
What model of Cruze? I vaguely recall that there were different sized front brake rotors and calipers based on model (I could be wrong, so someone correct me). Of course the rears could be drums or disks and sized differently. Offset, or backset, could be an issue.

#11 ·
Thanks for clearing up the front rotor size question. Found my confusion source. It's Civics that have different sized front rotors based on model. I compared so many things, I lost track of what was what. My apologies. Back to the question at hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.