Best tires for the cruze?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best tires for the cruze?

Driver's Ed

Best tires for the cruze?

I am looking to buy new front tires for my 2011 Chevy Cruze LT. Rim is 215/60R16 and was wandering what the best tire brand would be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by arielpaige5893 View Post
    I am looking to buy new front tires for my 2011 Chevy Cruze LT. Rim is 215/60R16 and was wandering what the best tire brand would be.
    This is a subjective question. Perhaps it will help if we know what features of a tire are important to you (Tire life, noise, etc, or a balance). Also it sounds silly but new tires should ALWAYS go on the back. Even in a front wheel drive car. (There are videos of where a major tire manufacturer did the test of this but I can't see it at work.) The links below are sufficient for the "don't take my word for it" though.

Tire Tech Information - Where to Install New Pairs of Tires?

Tire Review - Always Install Two New Tires on the Rear Axle

Is it dangerous to put tires with the most tread on the front wheels?

http://www.michelinman.com/mediabin/...lin_042009.pdf
    Poje likes this.

Retired Moderator

What's your price range, and what things do you want the tire to do well? Do you want it to have decent snow grip, decent fuel economy, a long life, or a decent ride? Tires can be very different depending on what you want them to do.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Michelin.

I just put a set of Michelin Energy Saver A/S on and I love them. Their very quiet and ride nice.

Resident Tater Salad
    It really depends what you want from the car before anyone can recommend anything.

Me, I want tires that grip very well in corners and rain and have decent treadlife.

The next person may want extremely long treadlife, low noise, and a good ride.

There is no "one tire fits all", so give us a little more of an idea what you expect from a tire. How did you like the Firestones that were on the car since new?
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Handbrake Released
    If the tires on my Eco last 75,000 miles as I have been told they can last, I will be buying another set when these wear out.
    2013 M6 Cruze Eco

Administrator

I've been real happy with my ECO's OEM Goodyears. They will be on my short list for replacement tires when the time comes.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

I've also been happy with My Eco's Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires. I'm nearly certain I'll stick with a Low Rolling Resistance tire when it comes time for replacement. The Tire rack has some decent choices in that category. Not sure if I'll stick with Goodyear or not.
    JeffBazell and obermd like this.
    current: '11 Cruze Eco 6MT (silver),'05 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT 5MT, '02 Chevy Silverado 1500 RWD 5.3L
    past: '96 VW Jetta GLX 5MT, '91 Chevy Beretta GTZ Q4

I also have been very happy with my Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires but recently changed them at 41000 miles. I probably could have stretched them up to 50,000 miles but they're getting awfully close to the wear bars. This time I replaced them with the Michelin Defender tires. Supposedly they have a 90000 mile wear rating according to the industry standard testing they have done but let's see what happens with real-world driving. All I have to say is I'm extremely happy with the new Michelin tires. They were much more expensive than the Goodyear Assurance tires but I feel they ride much nicer and they ride much more quietly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Missing our 1st generation Aveos everyday!
    02 Chevrolet Suburban Z71
    04 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan (Sold but not forgotten!)
    07 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Hatchback (Sold but not forgotten!)
    12 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6MT
    12 Chevrolet Sonic 2LT (wifes new car)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast