2012 LS Vibration at 50 - 55 MPH - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 LS Vibration at 50 - 55 MPH

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I have a 2012 Cruze LS A/T and have a little aove 6K miles on the car and it has a slight vibration at 50 - 55 MPH

Took it to the dealer yesterday and they feel the vibration and Balanced the tires. they never said if they were out of balance, They road tested againa dn said the vibration they feel is road vibration. I am not byuing it.

Road vibration would not occur only at 50 - 55 MPH and it would go away if you changed lanes.

Again this is a Slight Vibration in the Steering Wheel and passenger said they can feel slightly also.

Has anyone else had this condition?

What was done to correct it?

silverfox,
    I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your Cruze. I understand your concerns as well as frustrations. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I received a call from GM the case i opened a while back and they told me their supervisor told them that there is no Abnormal vibration and the excessive runout the tires is not a warranty item it is a wear item. Thats is a bout the worst answer i have ever heard. Dealer admith excessive tire runout and to me no abnormal vibration means they feel the vibration but dont know how to fix it and GM or the dealer dont want to fix the issue for me...

I have owned several GM cars as well as others and never had such a bad experience in my life. This is horrible and I am to the point where I will never buy another GM car again. Looks like i am going to have to switch to FORD and sell the Cruze as I cannot take the Vibration and coolant smell.

Administrator

My understanding is that at 6K miles the tires are still under full B2B warranty. If the dealer is saying it's the tires they should replace all four of them - not just one or two, but all four to correct the vibration.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Administrator

Also, find another dealership immediately. This one obviously doesn't care about GM's reputation or your satisfaction.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    thanks I am honestly at the point of giving up. This has been an ongoing battle for months now and have been asking about the tires from day one the car now has 15K on it as i drive it everyday and getting tired of all the issues. I got a new car to get rid of the issues but i am starting to think i made a huge mistake. Wish i kept my 1995 GMC Jimmy. That was a reliable great running truck.

The other issue is the next closest dealer on my way anywhere is in Gaithersburg MD 30 + miles from my house and hard to drop off with the hours i work. I know my fault but thought GM and the dealer would figure this out and did not want to involve other dealers with an ongoing issue.

thanks for your advice

Driver's Ed
    I contacted Stacey as asked and all i got from here was basically you already have a case open you have to deal with them

I have responded to Stacy 3 times to let her know the case i have with GM is not going anywhere because the dealer says no abnormal vibration. it continues to get worse a little at a time and I am seriously getting nervous to drive it. I keep thinking what is going to break while i am driving at highway speeds.

I have learned that GM does NOT care about their customers and I know not to EVER BUY another new GM vehicle again

Resident Tater Salad

Take it in, drive it with them. There's nothing Customer service on GM's side can do if the dealer reports back to them that there isn't an issue.

I've got 2 truely horrible dealers close by me that I've gotten fed up with, but I've found one GREAT one with hours til 11 PM. It may be way far out of your way (down in Chantilly, VA), but it may be worth a shot.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Driver's Ed
    what is the name of the dealer you go to?

Resident Tater Salad

Pohanka Chevrolet
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12