2012 LS Vibration at 50 - 55 MPH
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 LS Vibration at 50 - 55 MPH

Driver's Ed

2012 LS Vibration at 50 - 55 MPH

I have a 2012 Cruze LS A/T and have a little aove 6K miles on the car and it has a slight vibration at 50 - 55 MPH

Took it to the dealer yesterday and they feel the vibration and Balanced the tires. they never said if they were out of balance, They road tested againa dn said the vibration they feel is road vibration. I am not byuing it.

Road vibration would not occur only at 50 - 55 MPH and it would go away if you changed lanes.

Again this is a Slight Vibration in the Steering Wheel and passenger said they can feel slightly also.

Has anyone else had this condition?

What was done to correct it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Bent rim, belt shifted in the tire, or a combination
    Rotate from front to back and see if it goes away, if the steering wheel is shimmying then its in the front, if you feel it in the seat its in the back.
    The LS has steel wheels, I see those bent all the time and you can only tell on a tire balancer really watching it, Have you hit anything like a big pothole?

I had a car that was doing the same thing you described, replaced all 4 wheels, and it was still there. Belt shifted in 2 of the tires barely noticeable (bridgestones)

Driver's Ed
    Update
    Dealer Road Forced the tires and spun them on the rims due to excessive runout and it was better for a few hundred miles but is slowly coming back again and all i get is NO ABNORMAL vibration found. When is a vibration at speed Normal. I asked them to replace the tires and the dealer said NO this will not fix the issue. I said it is worth a try.

Administrator

Call GM. At that mileage you shouldn't have any vibration unless you either hit something or a tire has an internal failure. Out of curiosity, does the vibration get worse or better as you continue to speed up past 55? (Maybe tough to tell in Maryland unless you get on a road such as the Capital Beltway where 55 is the minimum speed.)

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    it actually goes away at speeds above 55

Administrator

OK - which transmission and gear? I've never seen a vibration that goes away as the speed increases unless it's gear related.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin

Driver's Ed
    I have the 1.8L A/T it happens in 4th 5th and 6th

Duke of Oil
    Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I have the 1.8L A/T it happens in 4th 5th and 6th
    Call GM and file a case with them. This is obviously not being handled correctly if you have to keep coming back.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Driver's Ed
    I have a case with GM and all i am getting is the dealer says "No Abnormal Vibration"
    After they roadforced balanced and noted that there is excessive runout on the tires it got better for a while now is getting more noticeable. i asked for the tires to be replaced as this is what i have heard could be the issue and the dealer said NO this would not cause any vibration what you feel is normal. Normal Vibration on a new car what are they talking about?

Administrator

I know there are a lot of Chevy dealerships in the DC area. Go to a different dealership and have their service adviser ride with you in both your car and then in a brand new car. Compare the two rides.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast