Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Lowering springs questions

10K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  cruzinred92 
#1 ·
I am in the hunt for lowering springs, I am mainly interested in the Eibach Pro Kit. I have a few concerns/questions about lowering springs. I plan on keeping the car for a very long time as a dedicated dd.

1. Would I need to look into upgrading anything else in regards of installing lowering springs.

2. Like I said before I plan on driving this car every where for a long time. I drive on a lot of back roads/country roads so is there anything I need to look out for? I know holes lol.

3. How difficult is it to drive in winter/ice with the lowering springs installed?

Thank you guys!

#4 ·
Yes you will be fine if you just purchase lowering springs however any qualified tuner would recommend you doing other minor suspension mods to go along with the new springs ( such as strut and sway bars, rubber bushing etc) I ran pedders springs back in 2011 without any struts and it still handled awesome! Good luck.

#6 ·
If your not looking for performance just upgrade the endlinks and you'll be good. Lowering springs for the cruze are for looks only since we have no offerings for sturts

#9 ·
I have had the pro kit on for about a year now and love it. I installed myself (not recommended unless you know what your doing) and have not upgraded one thing. I would recommend end links and will be doing mine eventually but my car is pretty much going to be driven till It dies, then fixed then dies again lol. My still fix who knows. I have driven in snow, rain, sleet, ice and sun and it handles nicely in all. Had to watch I didn't tear my eco lip off on snow or I'm famous for pulling up on the concrete blocks in parking lots. The steering is alot more responsive and alot more form without killing you on a daily drive. Medium to large bumps are felt alot more but small feel about the same. Gave my eco a nice drop without scraping everywhere. Over all
1.be aware you may have to replace struts sooner if you hit alot of bumps

2. Look out for objects in the road. You will be lower, not scraping but enough to pick stuff up (drug a tree branch for about a mile...)

3.again watch for high snow/ice. Other then that remember steering will be alot more responsive but hopefully you can get used to it before snow.

Hope that helps. I can post a pic of the drop on my eco if wanted.

#13 ·
Then springs are not what you want. Get coilovers the generic Ksports/DG/CX pretty much any 32way will do fine for going low. But remember low is not good

#16 ·
Ok so going to get some new pics hopefully in a few days sorry for the delay but I actually found a few when I was parked next to my brothers eco and a random rs lol. And an old one before my retro.

Parked next to both your can see the drop from about both models. I am running 225/45 18's(same tire and wheel size as ltz. Are actually about .5 in shorter the eco wheel/tire assy.)
Hopefully that helps a few of you. If there are any specific pics you would like to see let me know. Hope that helps!

#23 ·
Remember to get a front end alignment done after installing your Eibach Prokit. Lowering the Cruze introduces some significant toe-out into the front of the car, which will reveal itself as excessive tire wear.

#36 ·
I'm also looking into putting some Eibach lowering springs on my '14 LT but was curious about warranty issues. Has anyone been told it voids the B2B warranty? It would make sense they wouldn't cover suspension issues during the B2B time frame if you had aftermarket parts installed, but to say it completely voids the warrant doesn't make sense to me?

#37 ·
Most dealers won't cover parts that have been modified but will cover others. However if you lower it and hit and bend something they can deny replacing it due to your suspension. Some dealers will still cover it even if it is the fault of the springs. It all really depends. Overall it will prob void your suspension warranty but is worth it imo. It is a new car. And if something breaks the upgrade it lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.