Chevy Cruze & GM Powertrain: An Inside Look - Page 13

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Chevy Cruze & GM Powertrain: An Inside Look

Driver's Ed
    I knew GM was on the right track when they came out with the 3600 and 3800 Series2 engines.My girlfriend has a Buick with one and its been running like forever.I had a buddy running with the 3600 V6 and it ran like a sewing machine,used no oil and ran like a "scalded ape" Folks on the internet crying for GM to produce more like these.They had a very good reliable product in these engines,I hope they kept the blueprints close.
    Last edited by fred266; 10-16-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Goofed up Login..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by fred266 View Post
    I knew GM was on the right track when they came out with the Duratec
    Ummmm...that's Ford. And they're not very durable. The 3.0 was especially bad.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred266 View Post
    I knew GM was on the right track when they came out with the Duratec
    Welcome to CruzeTalk!
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Handbrake Released
    Wow, amazing stuff! The Cruze is my first GM vehicle and after reading and viewing the information presented it amazes me how much time, thought and effort was required to build such an amazing vehicle. It blows my mind. Now when I get in my Cruze I will be thinking about how well the car was designed, engineered and the high expectations of producing a fine tuned vehicle. I am impressed!
    XtremeRevolution and obermd like this.

Handbrake Released
    Wow freakin awesome article. I had no idea you could pay extra and build YOUR OWN ZR1 engine.

I swear the day I find a bag with a few million in it I WILL BE BUILDING MY OWN ZR1!
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Learning about my Cruze Gonzo74's Avatar
    So, did you ask them why they are mangling the design of the 2015 cruze? I mean really? They already had a solid design. Pretty solid stance. Now they go a new and horrible direction. Very disappointing. Back to bland in my opinion.

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo74 View Post
    So, did you ask them why they are mangling the design of the 2015 cruze? I mean really? They already had a solid design. Pretty solid stance. Now they go a new and horrible direction. Very disappointing. Back to bland in my opinion.
    Check the date, lol. This happened August of 2012.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Check the date, lol. This happened August of 2012.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Besides that the 2015 cruze facelift makes sense when you look at the 2016 cruze, its a transitional thing to try and get people more use to the change. Of course I also find the new style boring/ugly but to compete in this class of cars you need to make exceptional aerodynamic numbers and exceed all the newer crash tests.

Lifetime: 10.4 cents per mile @ $3.68 average price over 60K miles

This tour may have happened a while back, but it is still very cool. It's nice to know that so much care was taken to design and build my car.

It's also funny to see the small 1.4 block in the photos. They are so tiny. It would be cool to put one on a shelf in my house, or use it as a cup holder. LOL.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.