How to remove and replace your steering wheel - Page 12

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: How to remove and replace your steering wheel

Driver's Ed
    Hey Guys,

i´m writing from Germany.
    I have a Chevrolet Cruze 2012 with Basic package so without the Buttons on the steering Wheel.

Now my questions is: If I Change the steering Wheel, how can I bring the Radio controls button to work with a non-connectivity package?
    Someone have experience with this?

Thank you!
    Greetings from Germany!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I like the look of both the Camaro and Sonic RS steering wheels. Question I have is does the Cruze airbag module match them or do you need to source a matching airbag module? That part could get a lot more expensive.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Cruze ECO MT - We're sorry, the phone number you have reached is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try your call again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadu1313 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a Chevrolet Cruze 2012 with Basic package so without the Buttons on the steering Wheel.

Now my questions is: If I Change the steering Wheel, how can I bring the Radio controls button to work with a non-connectivity package?

Thank you!
    Greetings from Germany!
    https://www.oempartsquick.com/oem-pa...04bC1sNC1mbGV4

I imagine that you would need the matching clock spring that is wired for the steering wheel controls. According to other posts, the rest of the car is already wired for them, you just need the clock spring and steering wheel with the controls already in place to plug in.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Cruze ECO MT - We're sorry, the phone number you have reached is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try your call again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by guuyuk View Post
    I like the look of both the Camaro and Sonic RS steering wheels. Question I have is does the Cruze airbag module match them or do you need to source a matching airbag module? That part could get a lot more expensive.
    It's a direct swap.
    guuyuk likes this.
    2014 Cruze 2LT RS 6M Black Granite/Jet Black (Built 2/26/14 - Mine 3/22/14)
    2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain SLT Crew Cab Stone Blue/Jet Black (Built 5/14/16 - Mine 8/30/16)
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 LTZ Victory Red/Black (Built 2/9/07 - Mine 2/28/07)
    2014 Ford Escape SE Fridge White/Black (Mine 2/27/16)

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadu1313 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thank you!
    Greetings from Germany!

Quote Originally Posted by guuyuk View Post
    https://www.oempartsquick.com/oem-pa...04bC1sNC1mbGV4

I imagine that you would need the matching clock spring that is wired for the steering wheel controls. According to other posts, the rest of the car is already wired for them, you just need the clock spring and steering wheel with the controls already in place to plug in.

And you will need the controls themselves
    guuyuk likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2014 Chevy Cruze LT auto (Hidden Content , Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals)
    2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    2007 Chevy Cobalt
    1988 Dodge Aries K SE 2dr (Hidden Content ) also in Hidden Content
    1971 AMC Javelin 3-spd
    1973 Gremlin X 3-spd

Hey fellas, issue popped up after removing the wheel and then placing it back on. As soon as I drove out of the driveway after fitting back the wheel, I got a 'service power steering' error appear and now my steering doesn't feel nearly as responsive.
    I did all that was told in the instructions and it went well until driving off.

Any ideas?
    If I need to give more info let me know.

Holden Cruze sriV 1.4t '12

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by bwmax View Post
    Hey fellas, issue popped up after removing the wheel and then placing it back on. As soon as I drove out of the driveway after fitting back the wheel, I got a 'service power steering' error appear and now my steering doesn't feel nearly as responsive.
    I did all that was told in the instructions and it went well until driving off.

Any ideas?
    If I need to give more info let me know.

Holden Cruze sriV 1.4t '12

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I am not sure, but think about how you went about your install. Were you in a hurry to see it done? Did you take the time to clean and grease all the connections? Were any of the wires giving you problems?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2014 Chevy Cruze LT auto (Hidden Content , Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals)
    2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    2007 Chevy Cobalt
    1988 Dodge Aries K SE 2dr (Hidden Content ) also in Hidden Content
    1971 AMC Javelin 3-spd
    1973 Gremlin X 3-spd

Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    I am not sure, but think about how you went about your install. Were you in a hurry to see it done? Did you take the time to clean and grease all the connections? Were any of the wires giving you problems?
    I can certainly try to clean any of the wire connections I moved around when I took off the wheel! It did confuse me considering all I did was remove the wheel, but I'll take another look at the assembly and report back if it's successful
    Blasirl likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.