Christmas time means train time! - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Christmas time means train time!

Yup I'm over my head on this one. I found a local store that I will bring this to this week. Thanks for your help. Stay tuned for an update.

Epic Beard Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Frye View Post
    The parts are available to fix it. There should be a hobby shop in your area that will do Lionel repairs or they will know someone who does that type of work. I had my old white milk car repaired locally with new doors for about $25.
    +1 I know a guy around the Elkhart, IN area who is very into Lionel and has quite a collection. He does a lot of repair work, but doesn't have a shop. He helped me go through my dad's B&O Switcher to properly lube it and get it running in tip top shape again. I'm very thankful I made that connection because I recently heard our local train shop shut down last June. They were supposed to relocate, but Google doesn't seem to think they did. It's a shame, there's nothing like walking into a train shop!
    Jon-
    "Be courteous and polite, and if we seem a little crazy, that's because most of us are." -Duke of Oil
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP pod, & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatje View Post
    That's good as long as your safe and away we don't mind it's the ones that set up their camera 1 foot away from the tracks then bail last minute :/

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    o yeah i hate those idiots myself, i have respect for the engineers i seen some idiots on the tracks, that train is nearly a 1/4 mile long it wont stop on a dime. i may get a chance to post a video, i have a camera mounted in my car. But i do appreciate your concern i understand what you are saying, some of these train spotters get way to close .

i hope you find the problem with your train, i had a simular problem, and it was the reverser. I hope it gets running in time.

I'm going to the train shop on Friday but my research on these units mentions that the E-unit might be bad.

its been a while since i have worked on lionel train. the E unti is the motor one? or the sound one?

The e-unit is the "transmission" of the train. It switches the train from forward, neutral and reverse.

I should be posting a new video within a day or so. Long story short I had to (more like decided to) order a whole brand new Atlas train set. The more and more I thought about it and after talking to the guy at the train store, I just didn't want to keep sinking money into this set when I could basically get a brand new one for the same amount of money. Also, do I really want my infant playing with something from the 50s. That's over 50 years of dirty, grime and crease.

This Lionel set is rare and if your interest in it do an eBay search for Lionel Texas Special 210. For cruzetalk members, I'll include shipping! Not trying advertise but if your interested in this thread, thought who might be interested in a new train project.

Epic Beard Man
    Y'all convinced me to get mine down tonight and get things moving. I think it all needs a good cleaning as I did find a few quirks, but generally it went without problems. I strapped the GoPro to the caboose. For those who are curious, this is the same steam engine seen in the Cruze Picture Game picture the other night. It's my favorite, mainly because it's my very first engine:

I still need to get it set up around the tree yet, but I ran out of time to do that tonight too. Gotta do some digging to get all that track out.
    rmass09 likes this.
    Jon-
    "Be courteous and polite, and if we seem a little crazy, that's because most of us are." -Duke of Oil
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP pod, & down/mid pipes

Sunline Fan likes this.

Epic Beard Man
    Quote Originally Posted by kfr291 View Post
    Is that yours?

Mine originated a lot like that. My dad had the top figure 8 on his childhood board, and his brother had the bottom oval. He always dreamed of the two connecting, so when he built mine, he made it happen with the ramp. The downside is not many engines can make it up the incline, especially with cars in tow. The D&H has pulled up a line as long as the ramp though- it's a beast.
    Jon-

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.