Rant, Idling Engine For No Reason.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikeske
  • 4 Post By Mikeske

Thread: Rant, Idling Engine For No Reason.

Handbrake Released

Rant, Idling Engine For No Reason.

Several days ago I was parked at Fred Meyer (A Washington State big box store with groceries) and I am sitting in my Cruze. A GMC Denali pulls into the spot next to me and since it has been around 45 degrees the idiot in the GMC leaves her truck idling with the exhaust pipe pointed right at the window of my car which is cracked opened. All this dizzy person can do is smoke her cigarette and drink her Starbucks. I do not know how anyone else feels but after ten minutes I get out of my Cruze and leave my car. I also am a older person and exhaust bothers me. If I do not have to tolerate I do not. As I am leaving this idiot t hen drives away.

Only one thing I ask of these idiots if you park shut that the machine OFF.... It is not below freezing and others do not care for your attitude.
    obermd likes this.
    1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V10
    1998 Buick Park Avenue Base

2009 John Deere 2305 Tractor
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Diesel 2.0 TDI

2012 Dodge Caliber SXT

Normally I turn off my car while sitting in a parking space, stoplight etc. That said, there is no reason that she should be idling that you know of. Regardless if she was burning gas for the sake of doing so, I'd just put an end to the situation if it irritates me (roll up the window, drive to another space, problem solved , not worth the stress).

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Handbrake Released
    The problem was the parking lot was packed and so was the store, My wife was inside getting a few last minute Christmas gifts for the grand kids and I hate being inside crowded stores. I ended up getting out of the car and going into the front of the store and wait there for the wife. The whole thing was the entire time that this lady sat there she was actually making it so someone else could not find a parking spot that was going in to shop.

You have to wonder what was this gals thing.
    1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V10

2012 Dodge Caliber SXT

Administrator

In the tech world we call her an ID10T error.
    Last edited by obermd; 12-26-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I can't type sometimes.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Hmm, on this side of the IT pond we'd call that an ID 10 T error.

No, we wouldn't, we'd call them a bloody moron and have jumped out the car after they'd blown smoke at us for a minute and pointed out the error of their ways.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by grs1961 View Post
    Hmm, on this side of the IT pond we'd call that an ID 10 T error.

No, we wouldn't, we'd call them a bloody moron and have jumped out the car after they'd blown smoke at us for a minute and pointed out the error of their ways.
    This is the Seattle area and sometimes folks are to polite to jump out and point out the error. I think the funniest incident I had was 20 years ago I parked at the back of a McDonald's parking lot where no one was parked. My wife went to get a burger, fries and a drink for us and I lit my cigar. Some gal with her kids pulls in and next to us and starts to make a scene about my smoking my cigar in the back of the parking lot. My wife comes out and this gal is yelling at me. I simply am ignoring this bag of 300 pounds and continue to puff away and this gal makes a threatening move towards me. My wife u-turns back into the store and has the manager call the police. The gal reaches up for my cigar just as the police roll up and just as her hand makes it to my hand I grab it and twist her hand, she is on her knees instantly. I release and say if you were not so fat I would have broke your wrist. The police decide after talking to her to arrest her for assault. The cop saw I only defended myself and did not go any further. I never can figure out why someone would mess with a guy that is 6'6" tall and I weighed about 250 pounds. Now that was a ID 10 T......

I quit smoking cigars about 15 years ago.
    1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V10

2012 Dodge Caliber SXT

That woman in the Denali could have also been waiting for her spouse. Got the coffee after dropping him off and came back.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!