New Focus or Civic? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Focus or Civic?

Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    Civic. Unless you're going for a manual Focus, that is.

Give the dealer a chance to fix your antifreeze issue first before jumping cars.

There is no fix for it!

Quote Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post
    The Civic is twice the car the Focus is reliability wise.

If it were me, I'd be buying the Civic. A lot of the difference in price will be made up with resale value anyway.
    If those were the only 2 choices, I would go with the Civic also. I traded a 2007 Civic EX in for my Cruze and I got back what I spent on the car for Trade and it was sold for more than I got for it. If you want all the bells and whistles on the Civic definitely get the EX(that is what mine was) Sunroof power everything and wheels. Sorta like the Cruze LS vs the LTZ. I would probably still have it but it had 50000 hard miles on it and needed work besides it was too small for me.
    Honestly, I would look into the lemon law on the antifreeze issue(before the trade if they cannot fix it) and get a different Cruze! The Cruze is built more solidly and safer than either of the cars you mentioned. IMO. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Learning about my Cruze Mattburgess's Avatar
    I test drove a Hyundai elantra and a new ford focus before I bought my cruze. The Hyundai was loud and when I hit bumps it sounded like the trunk was filled with basket balls. As far as the ford, it wasn't a bad car , drove nice but I did feel slipping in the tranny driving in there parking lot. Also I got a better deal with chevy. Im saving 75 $ a month on my lease with the chevy over ford.. Also to mention the dash on the ford is crazy... way too much going on, way too many buttons.. I didnt care for there sync either. . I couldn't get it to work. Have to say special commands so you have to read the book and memorise all the right commands..

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Focus ST. Small car with something fun under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    I can't justify $25k on a wrong wheel drive 4 banger that gets terrible MPG, when i can get a RWD 420whp V8 Mustang that gets almost the same mpg for $27k.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
    I can't justify $25k on a wrong wheel drive 4 banger that gets terrible MPG, when i can get a RWD 420whp V8 Mustang that gets almost the same mpg for $27k.
    I'd buy anything else BUT a Mustang.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    I'd buy anything else BUT a Mustang.
    I came close to buying a 5.0 but decided to put the difference in $$ toward my next bike.

They're very good cars. Not perfect by any means, but very good.

Track pack for 30K, great handling, braking, awesome motor. The trans is weak (synchro wear), clutch design isn't spectacular, and rear suspension could use some improvement because of wheel hop. But it's a 30K car, not a 120K car, so it's to be expected.
    Last edited by Hoon; 01-03-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

The Civic was the only other car I test drove last year when I bought my Cruze. Focus didn't even make the cut for me. I felt that between the Civic and the Cruze I couldn't go wrong with deciding on either one. I simply liked the Cruze better.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

BOOOOST!
    Having friends that own both the '12 Focus and '12 Civic, and having driven both, no doubt the Focus is a much more enjoyable car.

Like i said, resale and reliability are in the Civics favor, literally everything else i like the Focus much better.
    jblackburn likes this.

Resident Tater Salad
    I agree, the Focus was definitely more fun. I thought the Cruze was more fun than them both - the torque makes it that way.

But, re-reading through this, you have 1100 miles on a 2013. Let the dealer *attempt* to fix the issue before you take the hit on a brand new car.

Truth be told, I added some antifreeze to my Cruze to bring it up to that arrow when cold. I thought I noticed an antifreeze smell the other day after running it on the highway 150 miles or so. I'm going to take a little back out of the tank and see what happens. While the level was darn near the bottom of the tank before, I never had any smells from it.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Autocross Champion
    Is the smell only when the heater is on? If so, has anyone thought to change the heater core?
    Back to stock. Bored.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast