New Focus or Civic?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Focus or Civic?

Learning about my Cruze

New Focus or Civic?

Assuming they can't fix my anti-freeze issue, judging by the 60 page thread, they won't be able to. Should I look into getting a 2013 Focus SE or a 2013 Civic EX. The focus is much cheaper, but I've heard some bad things the ford powershift transmission.The new civic looks like its an all around awesome car, and Honda has a reputation for being good. I'll likely try to have the dealership buy back my Cruze since I don't want to put my 21 month old daughter in a car that smells like anti-freeze and plasters it on the front windshield. Whats a 2013 1LT get for trade in anyways? Only has 1100 miles on it. Thanks guys

The Civic is twice the car the Focus is reliability wise.

If it were me, I'd be buying the Civic. A lot of the difference in price will be made up with resale value anyway.
    Patman and titan2782 like this.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT RS - Black granite, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by blackcruzelt View Post
    Assuming they can't fix my anti-freeze issue, judging by the 60 page thread, they won't be able to. Should I look into getting a 2013 Focus SE or a 2013 Civic EX. The focus is much cheaper, but I've heard some bad things the ford powershift transmission.The new civic looks like its an all around awesome car, and Honda has a reputation for being good. I'll likely try to have the dealership buy back my Cruze since I don't want to put my 21 month old daughter in a car that smells like anti-freeze and plasters it on the front windshield. Whats a 2013 1LT get for trade in anyways? Only has 1100 miles on it. Thanks guys
    Personally, I'd buy the Civic but I'm not really a huge ford fan. The Civic has a pretty solid track record for reliability, but fell short last year with their material qualities (said to be remedied for 2013 though). The Focus has had some issues with their transmissions and their My Ford Touch system seems to catch a lot of criticism (not sure if they've fixed that yet). Though, kudos to Ford for continuing to offer the Focus in a hatch (yes, I wants me some euro-Civic hatch).

Good luck getting the dealership to buy back the Cruze, you might be able the get them to do so, but most likely at your loss.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

1st Gear
    how about a mazda 3? =)

BOOOOST!
    Absolutely the Focus.

Better interior, handles better, more power, better looking, etc.

The civic will probably be a bit more reliable, but its a boring car. Better resale for the honda, but there's just nothing fun about it.
    Sonic and 30 Ounce like this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

The dash in the civic is ridiculous. I couldn't stand to look at it for more than a few minutes. Honda has fallen off it's game lately with some pretty boring and poor handling cars. Plus their dealers are really smug. The way I was treated by the last dealer... I'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycruze View Post
    how about a mazda 3? =)
    +1

Their new skyactiv setup makes for some good real-world fuel economy numbers, interior quality is good, drives and handles nice to boot.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Ounce View Post
    Plus their dealers are really smug. The way I was treated by the last dealer... I'll never go back.
    I could say that about one of the chevy dealers I went to though, treated me like I was a retard. Thing was...I probably could have sold them a cruze... I'd go for the focus as well, At least theres some inspiration behind the design of the car other than "lets design a car"

Neither I would get another Cruze.

Resident Tater Salad

Focus ST. Small car with something fun under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast