NHL Lockout is Over?!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: NHL Lockout is Over?!

Contest Manager

NHL Lockout is Over?!

Not "over" but MUCH closer.

Copied from my Sportscenter app

NEW YORK -- A tentative agreement has been reached between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr stood side by side in the early hours of Sunday morning to announce that there was a framework in place for a new collective bargaining agreement.

Although the deal still requires language clarification, legal fine-tuning and ratification from both sides, a verbal agreement has been reached on the major points.

"We still have a lot of work to do," Bettman said, "but it's good to be at this point."

The deal still requires majority approval from both the Board of Governors and the NHLPA membership before it can become official.

The tentative agreement is a 10-year deal with a mutual opt-out clause after eight years that includes contract term limits at seven years (eight years for a team to re-sign its own players), a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

Sources said the 2013-14 salary cap, a very divisive issue, will be $64.3 million while the floor will be $44 million.

Contract salary variance is capped at 35% year-to-year, with the provision that the last year can't vary more than 50 percent of the highest-salaried year, a source told ESPN.com.

Veteran forward Shane Doan admitted that the players knew it would be concessionary bargaining from the beginning, but was satisfied with the terms agreed upon.

"You knew you were in that position and I think as a union we got the best deal we could possibly get, and you're happy," he said. "You're just excited to play hockey again and do what you really enjoy and have a passion for."

Word of the agreement came after the two sides hashed out their remaining differences for more than 16 hours at a hotel in midtown Manhattan. It was the lengthiest negotiating session and latest night of a lockout that has lasted 113 days -- almost 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Administrator

It's a framework that still needs the details filled in. In addition, neither the owners nor the players have voted on this new framework. I'm not holding my breath.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Contest Manager
    Yeah we all know this.
    I've been listening to the radio all morning including Bettman's morning interview. If he's thinking this will happen, then it most likely will happen...

Everyone else is singing and dancing like everything has been signed... But you are right it's just an agreement on the big picture. Once all the little things are agreed on and the paper work is finalized, then it's time to cheer. That being said this is still a very good movement forward.

But "IF" everything goes smoothly we are looking around 48-50 games. Starting somewhere around January 20th.

Off-Road Champion
    I also heard the games will be conferences games only. The East will not play the West and vice versa this year.

We're playing. They were holding more info from us than they were updating, just so everyones hopes wouldn't be given up again.

I understand they have to dot the i's and cross t's, and still need an official vote-in on the new CBA, but unofficially, they voted in, or the lockout would not have ended.

Let's drop the puck!
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Administrator

With the NHL season basically shot I wonder how many NHL players will decide to stay with the teams they're playing with this year rather than return to the NHL for a shortened season.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Contest Manager
    Pittsburgh's Mario Lemieux said this on the penguins FB page.

To our Penguins Fans and Community:

We offer our apology. There is nothing we can say to explain or excuse what has happened over the past four months.

However, now that the NHL is back, we want to assure you that the Pittsburgh Penguins will do everything we can to regain your trust and show how much we value your amazing support.

The sounds of skates churning across the ice and pucks banging against the glass are returning to CONSOL Energy Center. That means a healthy Sidney Crosby is about to rejoin NHL MVP Evgeni Malkin, first-team All-Star James Neal, Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik and others as we begin our quest to bring the Stanley Cup back to Pittsburgh.

We want to thank you for your patience and your loyalty to the Penguins. We hope to repay it many times over. Our commitment to winning the Stanley Cup and our commitment to you has not changed.

We look forward to seeing you at CONSOL Energy Center.

So it seems like (at least pens) will have their star players returning to pittsburgh.

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    With the NHL season basically shot I wonder how many NHL players will decide to stay with the teams they're playing with this year rather than return to the NHL for a shortened season.
    I didn't think they had a choice. The players are still under NHL contracts. They stay over in Europe or Russia, they break a contract, get fined heavily, and probably will never be able to play in the NHL again.

I wouldn't chance it. I heard Ovechkin was talking about staying in Russia, but who cares.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.

210hp/270tq on E85.

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tecollins1 View Post
    Pittsburgh's Mario Lemieux said this on the penguins FB page.

To our Penguins Fans and Community:

We offer our apology. There is nothing we can say to explain or excuse what has happened over the past four months.

However, now that the NHL is back, we want to assure you that the Pittsburgh Penguins will do everything we can to regain your trust and show how much we value your amazing support.

The sounds of skates churning across the ice and pucks banging against the glass are returning to CONSOL Energy Center. That means a healthy Sidney Crosby is about to rejoin NHL MVP Evgeni Malkin, first-team All-Star James Neal, Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik and others as we begin our quest to bring the Stanley Cup back to Pittsburgh.

We want to thank you for your patience and your loyalty to the Penguins. We hope to repay it many times over. Our commitment to winning the Stanley Cup and our commitment to you has not changed.

We look forward to seeing you at CONSOL Energy Center.

So it seems like (at least pens) will have their star players returning to pittsburgh.

Honestly, I don't care what anyone days, I think Pittsburgh has the best hockey organization in the league. It's seriously one big, giant family. The fan base for Pittsburgh is global, not many other organizations can claim that.

For example, Florida. We have more fans in Florida than Tampa Bay and Florida have combined.

I'm a proud fan of the Pens, despite my rants earlier. I'm just glad we can finally drop the puck.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance

210hp/270tq on E85.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    Honestly, I don't care what anyone days, I think Pittsburgh has the best hockey organization in the league. It's seriously one big, giant family. The fan base for Pittsburgh is global, not many other organizations can claim that.

For example, Florida. We have more fans in Florida than Tampa Bay and Florida have combined.

I'm a proud fan of the Pens, despite my rants earlier. I'm just glad we can finally drop the puck.
    DUH! Lol

Personally, as much as I love Pittsburgh hockey, I will NOT be watching or attending any games nor purchasing any merchandise for a while. And nobody should.
    These men and women, millionaires at least, who cause the lockout bickering back and forth about who gets our money need to be taught a lesson. The lesson being that they are insignificant, and that the fans are who is truly important. My money will not go towards hockey anytime soon.

Sent from my XT912 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

Quote Originally Posted by tecollins1 View Post
    "You knew you were in that position and I think as a union we got the best deal we could possibly get, and you're happy," he said. "You're just excited to play hockey again and do what you really enjoy and have a passion for."]

BS as far as I am concerned. If 4 months proved anything, its that the money is what's important.
    Sent from my XT912 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast