Picked up a Smith & Wesson - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Picked up a Smith & Wesson

Learning about my Cruze JediSamReye's Avatar
    Good gun! I have a .357 Magnum by Dan Wesson, I got purely for home defense
    2012 "Summit White" Chevy Cruze
    2005 "Blue Chip" Cadillac STS
    1988 "Bright Red" Pontiac Fiero
    2002 "Platinum Silver Metallic" Subaru WRX
    1986 "white" Ford Bronco
    1994 "tan" Ford Explorer
    1988 "Bright Red" Dodge Daytona
    1994 "Black and White" P71 Police Interceptor

That's all since 2007

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    Nice choice Hoon. I've shot the .40 model numerous times. Not a bad gun at all.

The only thing I don't care for is the trigger. Seems like a burden, but I'm sure one would get used to it.

I've owned my Taurus PT145 Mil-Pro .45(my conceal carry) for a month now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm a big pistol fanatic.
    Thanks.

I'm going to apply for a concealed carry but not sure if it'll be granted. As for the trigger, i don't like it. Heavy pulls kill accuracy, so it will be swapped out for a 4-5lb pull (stock is 10lbs).

Quote Originally Posted by JediSamReye View Post
    Good gun! I have a .357 Magnum by Dan Wesson, I got purely for home defense
    Nice, Ive always had a thing for a 357 snubby
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Good call getting a handgun. I'm assuming this isn't your first one?

I can't stand heavy triggers. Both of my 1911s came with excellent triggers out of the box. The RIA 1911 .22 is 4.0-4.5lbs, and the STI Spartan 9mm is 4.5-5.0lbs. I shot a few with heavier triggers and didn't like it.

Both of these 1911s are quite heavy hunks of metal though.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

I had a Sigma 40VE many many moons ago. I didn't much care for it, but if it works for you, that's what counts.
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

Learning about my Cruze
    I like my 500S&W it's a bad mamma jamma not for home defense though I'd shoot the neighbors crazy gun

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Good call getting a handgun. I'm assuming this isn't your first one?
    First handgun purchase, yes. Shot some different ones in the past, but with CCWs so hard to get around here, it's never been much of a priority to buy one. The main reason is the girlfriend honestly. I'd rather use a shotgun for home defense, hunting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
    I had a Sigma 40VE many many moons ago. I didn't much care for it, but if it works for you, that's what counts.
    It won't work well out of the box, but a trigger tweak and maybe a sight change and it should be a good gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyf2 View Post
    I like my 500S&W it's a bad mamma jamma not for home defense though I'd shoot the neighbors crazy gun
    Handheld cannon, lol.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

BOOOOST!
    First impression, i like this gun.

Overall quality seems good, slide rails are steel, everything seems well put together. Grip is comfortable, sights are nice, trigger pull is slightly heavy but 8lbs isn't too bad.

I won't recommend it until i shoot it, but so far so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a s&w 40ve bought. While doing the govt wait I got cold feet and backed out.

Hope ya like it.

Next buy is a turrent press reloader.
    2012 Gold Mist ECO m/t
    1st yr. 27,000 mi @ 48mpg

In the interest of National security and corporate profits,
    the environment, health, well being and financial security of the American citizen is of no concern.

4th Gear
    I had a Sigma once. They don't get much respect from the gun snobs but they're low cost and have a lifetime warranty. Sometimes S&W has a rebate. I got $50 and 2 free mags but that was a few years ago. I read once that when S&W first came out with the Sigma some of the parts would directly interchange with a Glock. The implication was that S&W copied the Glock design. I think Glock sued them and S&W made some changes so it wouldn't be so blatantly a copy.

Reliable, safe gun with a pretty bad trigger. I think S&W will rework it if you complain and send it back as part of the warranty. Maybe the trigger will suit your needs without a rework.

BOOOOST!
    The trigger on the new one is much better than the original Sigma trigger. Not great, but it's decent.

DrVette, that's a good call. Reloading your own saves a lot of money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast