Picked up a Smith & Wesson
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Picked up a Smith & Wesson

6th Gear

Picked up a Smith & Wesson

Bought a handgun this morning, S&W SD40VE, 14+1 capacity.

It's a polymer frame with stainless slide and barrel, so the gun weighs 22oz total.

The primary reason for the purchase was to pick up a gun that would have decent knockdown power for home defense, but still be small/light enough to carry and be comfortable for a woman to shoot. I want to teach my girlfriend, but i don't want to have to deal with shotgun recoil her first time shooting.

(stock photo because of waiting period)

Last edited by Hoon; 01-25-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Nice. I'd like to pick up a small handgun as well. I like the Beretta PX4 9mm but you can't go wrong with S&W.

6th Gear
    The Baretta is a nice gun also. My logic was that this would do everything id like it to, for cheap, and still be decent quality.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

I cant wait until I'm 21 and can buy a handgun. I almost got into a situation where my Cruze would've been stolen tonight, and a knife is crap for protection against a gun unless you're up close to your attacker.
    Patman and XtremeRevolution like this.

Vinyl Overlays / Vinyl Decals \ Vinyl Wraps

2012 "Black Widow" Cruze - Sponsored by Mixxed Auto Design

6th Gear
    Smurf, you have to be very careful defending a vehicle.

In my state, i can legally shoot anyone who breaks into a dwelling that i'm legally in, even if it is not my dwelling. The very act of breaking in means i can legally make the assumption that this person poses a threat to me, and i can legally pull the trigger whether or not the person is armed, with no duty to retreat on my part.

None of this applies to a vehicle, in my state and many others.

I don't believe i could shoot an unarmed car-jacker without it turning into a legal battle, unless i could show that person posed a threat to my life.

Before you buy anything, make sure you're familiar with the laws in your state.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Contest Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post

I don't believe i could shoot an unarmed car-jacker without it turning into a legal battle, unless i could show that person posed a threat to my life.

Before you buy anything, make sure you're familiar with the laws in your state.
    +1

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenstein View Post
    I cant wait until I'm 21 and can buy a handgun. I almost got into a situation where my Cruze would've been stolen tonight, and a knife is crap for protection against a gun unless you're up close to your attacker.
    You may not believe this but flashlight can be a great method of defense (if you can't get a gun). Get a high powered led light like the police use. An attacker can't do anything if he or she is blinded. Then slam on the gas and get the **** out of the situation.
    Sunline Fan and kobowm like this.

And as a backup, get a big double D (or larger) Maglite to beat them...
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ RS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Husky Liners, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon to be 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.
    Pure Michigan Cruzers

Off-Road Champion
    Nice choice Hoon. I've shot the .40 model numerous times. Not a bad gun at all.

The only thing I don't care for is the trigger. Seems like a burden, but I'm sure one would get used to it.

I've owned my Taurus PT145 Mil-Pro .45(my conceal carry) for a month now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm a big pistol fanatic.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast