New Car Shopping - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Car Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenstein View Post
    The main reason why the GC is still a contender even with its normal running height, is the feature where the car lowers its self when in park to make getting in and out easier. Also, it has the Eco engine with the 730 mile range which is impressive, and the 30mpg vs her current Tahoe is more than amazing.

That's for the diesel version, correct? Expect to pay a premium for that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by 98sonoma View Post
    That's for the diesel version, correct? Expect to pay a premium for that engine.
    It is diesel yes, and for the mpg gain, we are. Her only concern with the diesel is finding gas stations where we live, and on the road, however I know of 4 or 5 gas stations right by where we live, and on the open road they HAVE to have at least one diesel station to serve all cars on road trips so thats not a big factor.

Vinyl Overlays / Vinyl Decals \ Vinyl Wraps

2012 "Black Widow" Cruze - Sponsored by Mixxed Auto Design

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenstein View Post
    It is diesel yes, and for the mpg gain, we are. Her only concern with the diesel is finding gas stations where we live, and on the road, however I know of 4 or 5 gas stations right by where we live, and on the open road they HAVE to have at least one diesel station to serve all cars on road trips so thats not a big factor.
    When I had my diesel, there was no shortage of gas stations that had diesel pumps. The most frustrating thing is the price change between stations (as large as $.75/gal difference when gasoline is the exact same at both places), and that some advertise price per gallon without taxes (even when it's at a consumer gas station, not just truck stops where they list it due to trucking company tax exempt status)

BMW x5m

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    BMW x5m
    ...is terrible in every way imaginable. And ugly.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

1st Gear
    If your worried about the diesel, just get the 3.6 V6 GC. They are nothing like the 4.0 I6 or the 3.7 V6. They are good engines and get fairly good MPG's. I know your friend has 2 of the Audi's, but they will be expensive to repair/maintain. I like the Audi's, but for that kind of money front ball joints should last longer than most of their cars have shown and they are difficult to work on.
    The Terrain Denali is the top of the line Terrain and like XR said, they are the sister to the Equinox. Just order the 3.6 V6. Fully optioned you get it for around 40K. We have a 3.0 V6 Equinox and love the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    ...is terrible in every way imaginable. And ugly.
    whats so terrible about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    BMW x5m
    Way too expensive, even the x5 is pushing it. Also I remember a top gear test of the car when it came out and it was utterly ridiculous. Hopefully its gotten better by then, and I must say I see one every once in a while near my house and all I can say is, dat @ssssss .

Vinyl Overlays / Vinyl Decals \ Vinyl Wraps

2012 "Black Widow" Cruze - Sponsored by Mixxed Auto Design

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.