looking for a hitch for 2012 cruze RS package - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: looking for a hitch for 2012 cruze RS package

Ill let ya know. I dont plan to tow with it just gonna use it for a cargo carrier for family road trips and maybe a bike rack. Im not even sure yet if it will work without altering rear bumper cover since its an RS.

That's fair, I would rather go that route over one of those trunk lid mount ones. I don't plan to tow either, that's why I kept the Excursion, but everything I've ever had has had a hitch...
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Handbrake Released
    a hitch on a car is useless... just get a truck
    2011 Chevy Cruze LS with connectivity package in Black Granite Metallic.
    -Blacked out bowties
    -20% tint all around
    -LED dome lights
    -Blacked out Chrome and center console trim.

BOOOOST!
    I save $2k a year in fuel compared to my '11 Silverado. My utility trailer, hitch, and wiring cost me $450 total.

Now the truck was setup to tow and could pull 10K, but after i sold the race car i didn't need to tow anywhere near that. My car does everything i would use the truck for, more comfortably, and gets 28-33mpg while towing, depending on the load.

Car FTW.
    JayZee likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Ok its been 2 weeks now and still no resolution on the chipped coating from Curt. So I emailed Curt hitches again today to see why I had no response after sending pics of damage and manu date sticker from 2 weeks ago and they tell me they need my address to send a new hitch out. Glad I checked up on them. Maybe they were hoping I wouldnt pursue the issue. So I was waiting for nothing really when I thought it was being shipped already . I just hope now the hitch will work on the RS. Not to impressed with there customer service so far.

Learning about my Cruze Cruzado's Avatar
    Autum...I too ride MTB mainly DH and I had been just putting the seat down and doing that trip...but Im kinda over it. I was also considering a hitch type. Was never a big fan of roof rack..plus imagine the drag ...... hehe. Keep us posted.

Ok finally got a replacement hitch from Curt a month and a half later. After all this the replacement still has chips in the coating. I dont know what to do now. There product quality is just not up to my standards I guess. Has anyone else ordered a Curt hitch and had a perfect finish new out of the box, no scratches or chips? There packaging isnt that great but I cant see where shipping would of caused these chips. I think Im just going to have to touch up the spots myself and hope for no rust.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnCruzeRS View Post
    Ok finally got a replacement hitch from Curt a month and a half later. After all this the replacement still has chips in the coating. I dont know what to do now. There product quality is just not up to my standards I guess. Has anyone else ordered a Curt hitch and had a perfect finish new out of the box, no scratches or chips? There packaging isnt that great but I cant see where shipping would of caused these chips. I think Im just going to have to touch up the spots myself and hope for no rust.
    I ordered a Curt hitch for my Tacoma and it was flawless.No scratches or chips anywhere.
    2012 Summit White 1LT
    2012 Granite Black 1LT/RS

Driver's Ed
    Autumn - Well how did it turn out? Any issues with mounting/clearances?

We want photos!
    More details of my Cruze in my garage:
    http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/garag...vehicle&v=1172

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast