Automobile Trivia
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Automobile Trivia

Automobile Trivia

EDIT: READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING AND STICK TO THE RULES!

So i have done this on other forums and groups and ut was a real hit on my Facebook Group "The Gearhead's Guild" when we still had plenty of active members. Its a trivia game and the rules are simple.

-It will start with me asking a question. Typical automobile trivia, has to do with cars/trucks in some way.
    -Whomever answers correctly first will be named by the question asker and the asker should send a PM to them to speed things up.
    -once named, the winner will then ask the next question. And so on.
    -iif the question is not answered correctly in 48 hours, a new question will be asked by the same person.

This is all fun and games and certainly not about who knows the most, so if you don't know then don't guess. Google searches to get the answer are discouraged however i cant stop anyone from doing so.

First Question: After the launch of the Corvette in 1953, another Gm automaker had designed and made a version of the Corvette to produce alongside of it. Kind of like the camaro/firebird brotherhood. GM stopped it iin favor of producing the vette only. The first version of the car was produced in 1954, only 2 were made. Another version hit in 1957, two were also made. Of the 4 only 1 survives.

What is the make and model of the car?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Last edited by silverls; 08-17-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

3rd Gear
    Oldsmobile F-88! I was just looking at the auction sheet for the only one in existence the other day.

So I guess that makes it my turn?

Everyone knows about dodge and their Hemi's. But did you also know that Chevrolet experimented with hemispherical valves too? They made a single car and a single engine that came with the secret hemi engine, and there is and was only one in existence.

Name that car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry@BNR View Post
    Oldsmobile F-88! I was just looking at the auction sheet for the only one in existence the other day.

So I guess that makes it my turn?

Everyone knows about dodge and their Hemi's. But did you also know that Chevrolet experimented with hemispherical valves too? They made a single car and a single engine that came with the secret hemi engine, and there is and was only one in existence.

Name that car.

Great job for getting it Jerry, and thanks fir being quick on the new question. I know i have heard this info before bjt im gonna have to think about it.

2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

The Gearheads Guild

Well jerry, time has passed. Time for another question. Please post the answer and a new question when you get time.

2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

The Gearheads Guild

I think hemi heads first were being developed for aviation, and there were applications with a couple different Ford engines from the 40's to the 60's. But if we are talking just Chevy, then I would probably think it has something to do with the Corvette and Duntov. Rumor has it there was a 377 cubic inch prototype. I cheated to refresh my memory.

My memory was telling me it was a version of the 427.

OH, there is one site that says that five 1963 grand sport sting rays with the 377 hemi were produced.

Since I had to cheat, I waited until time was up before posting. I would of had the wrong engine and the wrong year without looking.
    Heck, maybe I am still wrong or not what the asker was thinking.

Edit: I have another guess. After searching this thing (cheating) came up with another one from Chevy. The Astro 1 concept car. Since time is up, I figured what the heck.
    Then there was a 302 hemi they experimented with for the trans am race series, but I do not think they ever produced anything with it.
    Last edited by zr1000a1; 08-14-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Not to be forward, it is just that this thread is about to drop off the active list so I figured might as well ask a trivia question as a stop gap measure until Jerry comes back and gives the answer and asks another. I hope no one is offended or that I am corrupting the spirit of this thread. Will be glad to delete posts if asked.
    Here is the question, ready?
    Iceland is in the North Atlantic. It's capital city is Reykjavik. Even to the chagrin of Mona Lisa (Marisa), which 3 North American GM vehicles offered both IRS and limited slip (posi-traction) in the 60's, metallic mint green notwithstanding.
    If there are more that I am not aware of, please name them too!
    Last edited by zr1000a1; 08-14-2012 at 04:20 PM.

3rd Gear
    The car I was thinking was a 1968 Camaro with the 302 hemi in it. They made 1 car and it was sold and raced.

Quote Originally Posted by zr1000a1 View Post
    Not to be forward, it is just that this thread is about to drop off the active list so I figured might as well ask a trivia question as a stop gap measure until Jerry comes back and gives the answer and asks another. I hope no one is offended or that I am corrupting the spirit of this thread. Will be glad to delete posts if asked.
    Here is the question, ready?
    Iceland is in the North Atlantic. It's capital city is Reykjavik. Even to the chagrin of Mona Lisa (Marisa), which 3 North American GM vehicles offered both IRS and limited slip (posi-traction) in the 60's, metallic mint green notwithstanding.
    If there are more that I am not aware of, please name them too!
    Corvette, Corvair, and Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by weimerrj View Post
    Corvette, Corvair, and Tempest.
    These were the cars I was thinking of.

"My cousin Vinny" was a gem!
    Last edited by zr1000a1; 08-15-2012 at 07:55 AM.

I sent a PM ti weimer. Hopefully he gets here soon

2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

The Gearheads Guild

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast