Need a new receiver: Denon or Onkyo? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a new receiver: Denon or Onkyo?

Learning about my Cruze
    I believe they are 8Ω, but I would have to dig out my owners manual.

Have to turn the volume up quite a lot with the speakers I have using the Denon. I used the mic and speaker calibration system when I set it up. But I could have manually changed the equalization and probably should have messed with it more. I put it all back in the box once the Kenwood was resurrected. Figure I will try to save for speakers...

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayMoney View Post
    I believe they are 8Ω, but I would have to dig out my owners manual.

Have to turn the volume up quite a lot with the speakers I have using the Denon. I used the mic and speaker calibration system when I set it up. But I could have manually changed the equalization and probably should have messed with it more. I put it all back in the box once the Kenwood was resurrected. Figure I will try to save for speakers...
    Yeah, based on my last post on power, that impedance will give you just over half what the amp is rated for over 2 channels. Not a lot, but from 6 feet away and 2 of those monkey coffins, I can put you in a world of pain with my 20w x 2 Lepai amp that I bought for $22.

Good to hear you got the Kenwood working though.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Learning about my Cruze
    Ok, I'm thinking of speakers to go with that Denon. Figure I will determine which ones are the best to buy then be patient for a sale.

Any suggestions on speakers? Definitive Technology, HSU, Energy, Klipsch, Polk or JBL?

Ok, I'm thinking of speakers to go with that Denon. Figure I will determine which ones are the best to buy then be patient for a sale.

Any suggestions on speakers? Definitive Technology, HSU, Energy, Klipsch, Polk or JBL?

I am partial to Energy speakers, Def tech's are awesome!!

I personally don't think you can go wrong on speakers as long as you are spending good money on them....of all the one's listed there those are all good brands.

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.

How much are you willing to spend?

Keep in mind, anything you buy retail will sound like garbage to what you can put together on your own for a couple hundred bucks.

I've also seen people spend an ungodly amount of money and get complete garbage before. One classic example of that is BOSE.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Polk audio speakers are great for the price.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.