A Tribute to our Armed Forces
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: A Tribute to our Armed Forces

Administrator

Thumbs up A Tribute to our Armed Forces

Every day is a great day to show our thanks, appreciation, and respect for our armed forces.

For the rest of the existence of this community, this thread will be available for you to thank a soldier or any member of our armed forces and to show those who haven't a clue why we are so thankful. Many of them gave their lives so we could be here. This is the least we can do.

This thread will remain a sticky for duration of the existence of this forum. Show your thanks, your appreciation, your respect, and your motivating stories here, so that a soldier might come across this and never feel unappreciated. Feel free to post images, videos, and anything you come across worth sharing to remind us every day that people put their lives on the line for the freedom we take for granted.

If you are a member of our armed forces or a veteran, post in this thread telling us so that we may thank you personally. If you have any family who has served or is currently serving in the armed forces, this is also the place to tell us about them, and if you can, share a picture.

Feel free to be generous with your clicking of the "like" button in this thread.

DISCLAIMER: Blatant violations of forum rules in this thread will result in an immediate infraction. This is your courtesy and official warning.
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 10-09-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Administrator
    I'll start us off with a story I found on Facebook today.

If self-doubt ever creeps into you mind, if you ever start to settle for less than personal excellence...pull this photo up:

Triple amputee veteran completes grueling 10.5 mile endurance race called The Beast over five-hours to honor fallen U.S. soldiers

Having lost both his legs and an arm in Afghanistan in 2010, this weekend Love took to Leesburg, Virginia, in an extreme endurance test called The Spartan Race with his eight-man other comrades of Team X.T.R.E.M.E.

Covered in mud, five hours after starting, triple amputee Corporal Todd Love charges to the finish line after competing over ten miles of rugged terrain across 75 obstacles in an event called The Beast.

The race is designed to push all the participants to their limit, mentally and physically and the fact that a man with no legs and only one arm managed to complete all 10.5 miles and 75 obstacles has inspired millions.

He has refused to let his injuries prevent him from living his life to the fullest of his abilities.

Marine Cpl. Todd Simpson of Acworth, Georgia is a third generation marine.

rmass09 and Hatje like this.

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Administrator
    obermd likes this.

Administrator
    My cousin Claudiu holding his newly born baby on his day of deployment to Afghanistan. Picture taken September 17th, 2012.

I'm **** proud of him.

I served in the Army (69-71) 2 1/2 years; including a year in Vietnam (70-71) Several years later joined the Navy and retired from the US Navy Submarine Force as a Senior Chief Petty Officer; Retired in 1998; a total of 20 years and 13 days. God Bless America (even though he does not take sides) ; we are going to need it. Thanks XR for this thread.
    2012 LT2 Black Granite Metalic: K&N Drop Filter, Tint 38%, Blacked Out Bowtie, Stubby Antenna, Custom Stripes/Graphics, Custom MGP Caliper Covers. XZE Bulbs, LED Bulb Conversion.
    Coming MODS: Tune, Wheels, Harness Upgrade (In Progress), Who knows...we shall see!

"Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional"

Administrator

12 years Active Duty US Air Force. Resigned my commission as a Major in the USAFR in 2007.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Off-Road Champion

Nick
    USAF
    www.motorcityforums.com
    2011 Cruze Eco
    1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=9723
    In the recent past:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 346CI of unbridled fury! 469RWH/434RWTQ 11.01 @ 123MPH You will be missed!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 309WHP/357RWTQ 12.21 @ 113
    2000 Subaru Impreza RS 203WHP/201WTQ 14.2 @ 103

Off-Road Champion

Another favorite someone took of us in Baghdad
    Kingsal likes this.
    Nick
    USAF
    www.motorcityforums.com
    2011 Cruze Eco
    1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=9723
    In the recent past:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 346CI of unbridled fury! 469RWH/434RWTQ 11.01 @ 123MPH You will be missed!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 309WHP/357RWTQ 12.21 @ 113
    2000 Subaru Impreza RS 203WHP/201WTQ 14.2 @ 103

Contest Manager
    Marine Corps Corporal in Infantry
    Enlisted right after highschool in 06'
    Deployed to Iraq in 07' then again in 09'.
    ImageUploadedByAutoguide1349650087.654158.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoguide1349650108.321785.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoguide1349650130.142720.jpg

Sent from iPhone 4

Off-Road Champion
    Cool pics! Thanks to everyone that served and made this country what it is today! Salute

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Kingsal likes this.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast