What is the one thing you hate about your cruze? - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: What is the one thing you hate about your cruze?

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    First is a very short gear that provides a LOT of compression braking when you shift down to it while moving. Many other cars will jerk if you shift down to first while moving because of this same effect.

If you're using M mode on the automatic, shift down to first at 5 mph or once already stopped - just like you would with a manual transmission.
    thanks for the info

Resident Tater Salad
    The total lack of highway passing power is beginning to get on my nerves. It's really great power-wise for a small engine at under 55 mph, but after that just...nothing. 3rd just makes the engine scream and provides no benefit, and even downshifting to 4th from 6th doesn't provide much more acceleration than just flooring it in 6th gear.

Granted, 6th gear really isn't bad when you just want to gain 5 mph or so, but when I floor a car, I want something to happen! Electronic throttle bodies mean that a car these days doesn't really have much left to give once you pass half-throttle or so.

*Sigh* maybe it is time for a tune...but I'd like more from it stock. My 98-hp Accord had more "kick" on the highway.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    The total lack of highway passing power is beginning to get on my nerves. It's really great power-wise for a small engine at under 55 mph, but after that just...nothing. 3rd just makes the engine scream and provides no benefit, and even downshifting to 4th from 6th doesn't provide much more acceleration than just flooring it in 6th gear.

Granted, 6th gear really isn't bad when you just want to gain 5 mph or so, but when I floor a car, I want something to happen! Electronic throttle bodies mean that a car these days doesn't really have much left to give once you pass half-throttle or so.

*Sigh* maybe it is time for a tune...but I'd like more from it stock. My 98-hp Accord had more "kick" on the highway.
    this is weird cause my 1.8 is the freeway flyer,i downshift to 5th at 65mph and she moves granted after 3-4 seconds but when it hits 3400 rpm she scoots pretty well for having 140hp

Off-Road Champion
    A tune will help on the highway. I still need to downshift from 60 but 80 to 90 mph comes up pretty quickly. It is an ECO 6M.
    jblackburn likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Driver side lumbar...it needs one. Automatic day time lights. hate it.
    steve333 likes this.

1st gear(manual trans) is way way too touchy! Also the buttons for the heated seats don't work well when pushed in. They have to be pushed straight on and just right to register. Lack of cubby holes for phone etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    -2013 Black Granite Metallic 2LT RS M6-

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by forbanger View Post
    Driver side lumbar...it needs one. Automatic day time lights. hate it.
    You can turn off the automatic lights by turning the headlight switch to the left once. A second time to the left and it turns the automatic lights back on. I find this really useful when I want to run just my fogs in a snowstorm or fog. This keeps the light projection low so I don't get reflection from the falling snow or fog.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Learning about my Cruze
    The paint... not sure if it's the paint or the paint job. Either way, the only thing I am disappointed in so far.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT

The Fade *IN* Dome Light!? Why the heck would you want to open your door and wait for the light to slowly come on? I can see fade off but seriously somebody wasn't thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    rmass09 likes this.
    -2013 Black Granite Metallic 2LT RS M6-

Quote Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
    The Fade *IN* Dome Light!? Why the heck would you want to open your door and wait for the light to slowly come on? I can see fade off but seriously somebody wasn't thinking.
    This. I dodn't understand this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast