GI: Watkins Glen Saturday April 20, 2013
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: GI: Watkins Glen Saturday April 20, 2013

Retired Moderator

GI: Watkins Glen Saturday April 20, 2013

Gauging interest for a meet at the opening day of Watkins Glen International on Saturday April 20, 2013! If we get 10 people committed, we can register as a group and go out on the track as a group! We need 10 people confirmed ASAP to reserve a group time slot, as those fill up fast!

Cost: $25/car for 3 paced laps of the Watkins Glen racetrack.
    Place: Watkins Glen, NY
    Date: April 20, 2013 (it's a Saturday)
    Time: Time on track: 1:30 PM. We need to be there 45 minutes ahead of time to pay and stage. So we'll roll out of Watkins Glen town and zip up the hill at about 12:15 PM to arrive at the racetrack at 12:45 PM. If you get separated, say you're with the CruzeTalk.com group going onto the track at 1:30 PM. Or look for the group of Cruzes.

Rob from Watkins Glen had the following reminders: 55 mph speed limit, stay single file, no passing, and no other horseplay. Failure to obey will mean the rule-breaker gets kicked off the property, no questions asked.

More information: Opening Weekend - Watkins Glen International

Activities: Lapping the track, possibly driving the original Grand Prix course if interest is there, perhaps getting pizza at Jerlando's, the best pizzeria in the Finger Lakes (there isn't much inside seating), or parking at Lakeside Park. There are first-come-first-served pavilions there. The outdoor activities will be as weather permits. Light jackets are recommended, as it is late April in upstate NY! Depending on the weather, there is a Dunkin Donuts, a Wal-Mart and a P&C grocery store in town if the weather is bad. This will be a "closed-hood" and "no car work" meet. No time/space to do any car work.

If you don't want to do the racetrack but still want to meet, you're more than welcome to join us! Just let us know.

This is not meant to conflict with the national Lordstown, Ohio meet in May. But if you couldn't make that one for whatever reason, here's another chance to have a meet.

Who's interested?

EDIT:

Lists of who is coming and who is tentative as of 2/4/13:

Definite:
    1. sciphi
    2. matt585
    3. backyardcustoms
    4. kfr291
    5. jvegas04
    6. Blk88verde
    7. Gdubs and friend
    8. NYCruze2012
    9. RollinOn18s
    10. Blk88verde's son
    11. AVCruze12

Tentative:
    12. tecollins1
    13. matt585's friend
    14. rmass09
    15. jrauch0915

Meeting place in Watkins Glen: The Wal-Mart in town. The address is: 515 E 4th St, Watkins Glen, NY. It's very easy to find.

Meeting time: 12 noon.

For those folks coming from Rochester/Buffalo/Toronto on the eastbound Thruway (I-90) who want to meet up and cruise down as a group, I will be at the Clifton Springs Travel Plaza on the NYS Thruway (I-90) at 10:40 AM. Watkins Glen is 1 hour away, so please get to the plaza a little early to allow for the group to assemble. Address for the travel plaza: NYS Thruway Milepost 337 Eastbound, Clifton Springs, NY 14432
    Last edited by sciphi; 04-13-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: updated list
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Hmmm 7 hours away, may be interested in this, I'll have to check my schedule

Contest Manager
    5 1/2 hr for me. def interested
    Just need to make sure everything falls into place. work schedule/money wise lol

I'm in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

Learning about my Cruze
    yea let me see what I can do

Handbrake Released
    I'm in pending I can get off that day

Same as above I am in just got to get the day off

Off-Road Champion
    My friend Harry is a driving instructor there. Full time he is an architect in the local area. I would definitely be interested in going up. It would give me an excuse to visit my friend.

Sent from my Telefunken U47 Electronic Response Unit
    Missing our 1st generation Aveos everyday!
    02 Chevrolet Suburban Z71
    04 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan (Sold but not forgotten!)
    07 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Hatchback (Sold but not forgotten!)
    12 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6MT
    12 Chevrolet Sonic 2LT (wifes new car)

Off-Road Champion

I might be able to do that-Mapquest is telling me 4hr and 24min to get there. My Daughter goes to school in Syracuse, maybe visit her while I am up there.

Go ahead and put me as in, for me it'd be better to do it in the afternoon to make sure I can make it since I wont know were I'll be working till the week before.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.