Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordstown 2016 Group Activities

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  XtremeRevolution 
#1 · (Edited)
Based on the schedule we have set up already, we are planning on getting to the plant early on Friday to get our tours done. After the tours, we will have lunch locally, after which it's free for all. We have two days where we can squeeze in some group activities. I don't expect that everyone will be available for all of these activities, but we can probably expect to leave the Lordstown plant on Friday somewhere between 12:00 and 1:00. Saturday will be the big group day where we can walk around, talk to other members, and socialize. A bit backwards compared to previous years where we did all the socializing on Friday and the group events on Saturday.

We have two days available for extra activities:
Friday after lunch
Saturday in the evening
Sunday all day

So far, we have three activities available. Please feel free to make recommendations for other group activities. Naturally, all activities are subject to weather, which we won't know about till we get closer to the date.

- Shooting range - Sunday only, since the trap range will not be available on Friday. I'll be there showing up around 10 or 11, and will stay for a few hours, mostly at the trap range.
Address: A&A Shooting Club, 12006 Fenstermaker Rd, Garrettsville, OH 44231

We went here last year and everyone had a really great time. It's a huge complex with several ranges. I'll have a double barrel side by side 12 gauge that everyone is welcome to use for trap well as a couple of 9mm handguns for anyone who wants to hit up a pistol range. I can teach you how to use them safely.

Cost:
Pistol Range: $10/hr
Trap Range: $6 per round (25 clays)

I strongly recommend that you get your own ammo before you get to the range. You can find 12 gauge and 9mm at any Walmart. A box of 25 12-gauge shells runs around $5-$6. A 50-round box of 9mm will run you about $15. If you plan to hit the trap range, you'll probably only go through 2 or 3 rounds before your shoulder tells you it's time to quit.

- Drag racing
- Friday only. Quaker City Motorsports park has a Test & Tune that day. Gates open at 5:00. It can get busy there, so you'll probably get 3 or 4 passes in the entire night. Plenty of time to hang out and talk to other racers though.
Address: Quaker City Motorsports Park: 10225 W South Range Rd, Salem, OH 44460

Cost:
Racers: $20 per car
Spectators: $10 per individual

I've been to this track and it's a lot of fun.

- Drive-In Theater - Friday or Saturday. There are two in this area; Elm Road Triple Drive-In (which we went to a couple years ago), and Skyway Drive-In. Both seem to have concession stands, and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Cost:
General Admission (Elm Road): $9
General Admission (Skyway): $8
Children 5-11 (Elm road): $4
Children 4-11 (Skyway): $4
Any age younger gets in free.

I'll update the drive-in theater once I can call and get show times and available movies.

See less See more
#3 ·
It looks like the Quaker Steak & Lube in Boardman, Ohio has a Cruise Night on friday nights. We could possibly go there for dinner and check out some cars. Only issue with something like this is they are typically crowded, so we would likely have long waits for dinner and would probably wouldn't be able to get our whole group together. Maybe if we get there early though. Just throwing it out there.

#4 ·
The long waits is what I was worried about. It would have to be early anyway or someone else will end up taking the seats.

Guys, please don't let my post be the only suggestion out there. If you can think of anything you'd like to do, by all means make the suggestion.

#5 ·
#7 ·
If there are any others of us that are Geocachers, maybe we could take a couple of hours and go find a few in the area... I could always use a few more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.