Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Annual Lordstown meet 2017 - Is it in the works?

7K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 · (Edited)
I have seen a number of threads highlighting the previous Lordstown meets and am very interested in attending ( and possibly helping out) the next one. It seems to be normally in the May / June timeframe and it is creeping towards February already. I just what to know if I need to budget for the meet as I have been spending quite a bit on parts and see no end in sight at the moment - My eyes are bigger than my wallet.

:hope:

#2 ·
It's a splendid event and accompanying experience that made my 13 hour drive each way worthwhile.

#3 ·
Plan to budget a 3-night stay at a local hotel plus food and gas to get there and back, for all the days you'll be staying and traveling.

I sent Tom at Lordstown an e-mail on the 4th, and another one today, and he said we should hear something after next week as far as possible dates for the meet. I'll post something as soon as I hear back from him.

#10 ·
I think I can answer #1 without looking - Worst hours are 00:00 AM to 11:59 PM Sunday to Saturday. :) Actually other than the few extremely aggressive drivers I've had no problems driving through Chicago on I-80 on my trips to and from Lordstown. Easier driving than NYC and Boston.

#8 ·
What is on the anticipated agenda? I may attend but have no intentions of staying three nights, I would enjoy seeing a plant tour and mingle with fellow Cruze owners for a bit. I am about 350 miles out from the plant, so a decent drive but really not a huge one. Plus depending upon the dates whether I may be able to attend or not, planning on taking a week in May to take my son that is graduating from college to California for a week, which should be a blast. Kinda one last trip to celebrate his accomplishment and him dropping off my payroll.:th_dblthumb2:

Reactions: Blasirl and obermd
#9 ·
There's usually a plant tour of at least the assembly plant on Friday. In earlier years, we had a tour of the sheet metal stamping/robot plant as well. Saturday, we usually hang out somewhere as a group and do any number of activities. Check out last year's thread in the events section to see what we had available. People usually arrive Thursday night and leave Sunday morning.

Hotel rates vary, but IIRC they had decent rates with a coupon at the Motel 6 in Youngstown where many of us stayed. I think it was $46 or so per night, but I don't remember exactly. The coupon knocked off $10 per night and the rooms were decent.

#15 · (Edited)
My recommendation for timing that segment via I-94/294 would be to hit the WI / Il border at about 4am.

Edit: I must be getting senile as I missed the whole second page replying to "Dr. Ober's" post #10 and then took me ten minutes to add this edit - sheesh - got kicked off the forum twice, waited miliminutes for the site to load and retyped this twice - I think snail mail or even delivering through Chicago might be faster!!! :blowup:

#17 ·
My recommendation for timing that segment via I-94/294 would be to hit the WI / Il border at about 4am.

Edit: I must be getting senile as I missed the whole second page replying to "Dr. Ober's" post #10 and then took me ten minutes to add this edit - sheesh - got kicked off the forum twice, waited miliminutes for the site to load and retyped this twice - I think snail mail or even delivering through Chicago might be faster!!! :blowup:
The md are actually my initials. I've been using this userid for several decades now and when I started it didn't even occur to me that it might be mis-interpreted as "Dr."

#16 ·
Got a response from Tom today.

They received approval for the event, and they need to pick a date that works for them and us. They prefer Thursdays or Fridays, so we'll do Friday. He will be reviewing upcoming production schedules for May and will send me the dates as soon as those production schedules are available.

Stay tuned!

#20 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Muscle car
yeah I drove by . had to stop and get a pic .......

#35 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.