Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Best work commute yet

Tags
commute work
4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  wasney 
#1 ·
My work commute is 50 miles (+/- 3 miles) of mostly opposite of the flow highway (70mph). The best score occurred on a 55mph two lane loaded to GVWR with one stop in 50 miles on mostly flat terrain. Vehicle Car Auto part Speedometer Odometer

See less See more
#6 ·
600 to 800 would be a more reliable prediction !

#7 ·
My sample size is 3 excluding the "source" who had a sample size of around 10. Fuel economy will generally continue to increase incrementally until around 6000 miles where it should level off. There are a pile of variables that can influence anything regarding fuel economy but our little Opel engine is a beast.

#8 ·
Just a reminder - this is our Diesel forum. OP, you can do better. My 48.2 mile round trip commute since January ranges anywhere from 49 to 52 MPG - depends on weather, traffic, and my mood.

#9 ·
"mood" haha - I totally get that. I live in a special part of the world where the diesel Cruze is a lot more common. Actually I found myself annoyed today as I parked in a row dominated by Cruzes and from 10 feet away it is difficult to distinguish a CTD from an ECO. The LT seems to be the most popular model.

#11 ·
I don't mean to misrepresent. I know I will destroy this score in a few months but I am quite proud of a 48mpg score for some of the nastiest roads Michigan has to offer. I should level off on fuel economy increase around mid summer. I plan to head to the Upper Peninsula around then which will allow me to go at the peak speed on level, wind-broken roads for 50 uninterrupted miles. I hope to set a tremendous bar at that time but for now 48mpg from home to work to home with 2000 on the odometer makes me happy.

I work with 2 other engineers that have broken 900 on a tank and they are both coaching me. There is also a Diesel Cruze here with ATS wheels and sticky tires that destroyed the fuel economy.

Sorry for the babble but I love this car.

#13 · (Edited)
My best 50 mile score is 64.8 mpg...that was with just over 4000 miles on the odometer on a two lane highway at 55 mph....440 miles and the fuel gauge was not even at the half way mark....My last tank of fuel was 42 mpg just driving to work......as far as break in goes... my transmission seems to shift better at the 4000 mile mark...I mean smoother with less lag from 1st to second...engine seems to be smoother at idle as well

#16 ·
My work commute is 50 miles (+/- 3 miles) of mostly opposite of the flow highway (70mph). The best score occurred on a 55mph two lane loaded to GVWR with one stop in 50 miles on mostly flat terrain. [iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=142457&d=1429041330"]
[/iurl]
What year is your cruze? 2015?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.